06; Scrimmaging

"I may know nothing about this sport," Rowan began, wincing a bit. "But I'm pretty sure we're getting our asses kicked."

"Definitely." Malia nodded, tapping her feet on the metal bleachers as Devenford made a goal.

The two girls watched as the green-clad players gloated across the feild, showing some pretty poor sportsmanship. They set up again and started another play, both of them wincing as Liam got plowed down and Devenford made yet another goal.

Rowan's jaw dropped slightly as Liam threw off some of his gear and tried to fight the two player that took him down, Scott and Stiles holding him back.

"Is it always this violent?" She whispered, leaning in closer to Malia, who froze at their close proximity.

"No idea." Malia cleared her throat, watching as she sat up straight again. She blinked and shook her head, turning robotically to watch the game.

Stiles got the ball and passed it to Kira, who froze on spot, staring at the ball for a few painful moments before taking off down the feild. Despite Coach's constant calls to pass the ball, Kira shoots the ball and make a goal, the crowd erupting into applause and cheers.

"Yukimara!" Coach yells, the grin on Kira's face sliding off. "Get over here!"

Rowan watches in confusion as they exchange a few words, Kira growing even more discouraged. "What's going on?"

"He's benching her." Malia replied automatically, the girl raising an eyebrows. "I-I'm guessing."

Malia was correct, both of them watching as Kira took a seat on the bench, a glum expression on her face.

As the game continues, Garrett, Liam, and one of Devenford's players all collide, falling to the ground. A loud collective gasp came from the crowd, many of them covering their mouths or wincing. Liam recovered quickly, but Brett-as Rowan collected from the murmurs-had to be carried off the field.

As both teams took a time out, Stiles's phone began to ring, the boy answering quickly when he saw Lydia's contact. "Hello?"

"I cracked another third of the list, with Aiden's name."

"Liam?"

"No, he's not on there yet. But Brett Talbot is."

"Alright, I uh, I'll tell Scott."

"Stiles," Lydia seemed rushed, frantic. "Rowan, she's on the list again. But her number dropped. I-I did the math, and the murdered prices add up amount missing from the 117 million of her total."

"What?" Stiles questioned, turning his attention to where Rowan laughed at something Malia said. "Why would they waste the whole deadpool on her?"

"I don't know." She swallowed, the line crackling a bit. "But we need to figure it out before anyone else does."

He uttered a short goodbye before hanging up, tossing his phone into his bag and running a hand through his hair. Stiles glanced around until he found Scott and Kira, rushing over to tell them the new information.

Rowan rifled in her bag for her wallet, glancing up at Malia. "You want something from the vending machines?"

"Uh, sure." The werecoyote nodded, jumping slightly when her new phone vibrated in her pocket. The damned thing was still taking time to get used to. "I don't care what."

"I'll be back in a few." She stood up, pulling up her jeans a bit and stepping off the bleachers. Malia took her absence to check her phone, taking several seconds to actually open the message.