15; Burnin' Love

"Why do I care, why do I care?" Rowan muttered as she flicked down the mirror in her car, checking her makeup one last time before she got out.

She took a deep breath and got out of the car, shutting the door and clicking the lock button on her keys. Her phone vibrated, the words on her screen making her frown slightly.

From Stiles:
Can't make it to the bonfire. Have fun!

Rowan paused, looking up at herself in the window of her car. Why did she care? She was only here to take pictures. Stiles isn't coming, so what? It's not like he was her boyfriend or something.

"He's not my boyfriend." She breathed, staring at herself in the window. If her reflection could talk, she felt as if it would be challenging her, saying 'But do you want him to be'.

She adjusted her camera bag on her shoulder and slid her phone in her back pocket, shaking her head as she headed towards the sound of music and drunk teenagers.

Rowan sat on a bleacher, pulling out her camera and adjusting the settings so she could get clear pictures in the dark lighting. She lifted the camera up, snapping pictures of the bonfire and the students. She turned, stopping when she saw the DJ through the little screen on.

"What the hell?" Rowan muttered, hanging the camera around her neck and walking over to Tracy. "That's not the DJ we hired."

"They cancelled." Tracy sighed, crossing her arms. "You'd know that if you had shown up to the emergency student body meeting."

"Emergency meetin-" Rowan grabbed her phone out of her pocket, opening up her email and searching through them. She clicked on the email Tracy had sent her, frowning. "Emergency bonfire meeting."

"It's cool." Tracy smiled, but it seemed forced. "I get it. You have all your new friends. Your popular,  Scott McCall and Lydia Martin friends."

"Trace-"

"You can forget about me, that's completely fine." She continued, pushing herself off the wall. "But you have an obligation to the student council, and if you miss another meeting, Melinda is gonna take your place."

Rowan opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out as Tracy walked off, shaking her head.

"Have you seen Stiles?" Rowan practically jumped out of her skin, turning around to see Scott.

"He texted me saying he's not coming." She spoke over the music, which seemed to be getting louder. "You're jersey-less."

"I guess I didn't get the memo." Scott replied, looking around at his teammates, who were all sporting white and burgundy.

"At least I'm not the only one missing memos." She sighed, her eyes glancing over the crowd. "Is that Malia?"

"Yeah." Scott nodded, putting his hand . Her shoulder. "I'm gonna go try and talk to her."

Rowan gave him a quick smile as he maneuvered through the crowd, walking up to Malia. She shook her head and lifted her camera again, trying not to get shots of kids drinking, as it probably wouldn't go over well if there yearbook promoted underage drinking.