21; Cuffed

"I hate you."

"You'll get over it." Rowan crossed her arms, watching as Braeden pulled into the vacant warehouse.

"How's you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked as she got out, shooting Rowan an irritated look.

"I'm a U.S. Marshall." Braeden answered bluntly, walking up to them.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover." He pursed his lips, looking over as Derek and Peter walked over.

"Are we really bringing them?" He gestured to Liam and Rowan, a displeased look on his face.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles made the same gesture towards Peter, who gave him an annoyed look.

"We're bringing everyone that we can." Peter replied snarling, raising his eyebrows. "And considering that Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What's that mean?" Malia asked, her eyes drifting between all of them.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter asked, putting his hands on his hips.

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam asked, his hands in the pocket of his sweatshirt.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Derek said, looking up at Stiles.

"A werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power. But a Nagual jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her, maybe she can." Peter explained, clapping his hands together. "So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't," Stiles interrupted, shaking his head. "Not without Lydia."

Stiles pulled out his phone, walking off to call Lydia. They watched as he paced, Derek turning to Rowan.

"Where's Lydia?"

"At the school." Rowan replied, leaning against the Jeep and crossing her arms.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" He asked, glancing over as Stiles called Lydia again after getting no answer.

"We got Kira's sword," Malia held it up, looking over at Derek and Braeden. "But we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."

"Nothing." Stiles sighed, holding up his phone as he walked back to them.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden shrugged, her keys jingling in her hand.

"That's a good point." Peter agreed, gesturing towards Braeden. "We'll call her from the road."

"No, what if something happened?" Stiles stopped him, looking around at the group. "What if she's in trouble?"

"Fine." Peter snapped, glaring at Stiles. "You stay. You find her. We're gonna go on without you."

"I could call Mason." Liam offered, raising his hand. "He has a study group at school, maybe he could look for her."

"Alright. Fine." He sighed, clasping his hands together. He looked over at Malia, who nodded. "Hey, Rowan can I talk to you before we leave?"

"Yeah." She nodded, following him as he walked to the back of the Jeep. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this whole mess." Stiles get his voice low, his eyes drifting over to the others as they got into the van.

"I was kinda born into this mess." She chuckled, shaking her head. "Literally."

"I just don't want you getting hurt." He whispered, taking her hand in his. She looked down at their hands, but he used his other hand to nudge her chin up. He moved in closer, their noses almost touching. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Rowan whispered, her breath hitching. She suddenly felt cool metal on her wrist, followed by a click. She looked down, seeing a handcuff on her wrist that was already handcuffed to part of the Jeep. "You didn't."

"I'm so sorry." Stiles winced, backing away with his hands held up in surrender. Her mouth gaped open as she moved her wrist, the metal clanking together. "I will see you when I get back."

"Stiles!" She shouted after him, watching him jog over to the van and get him. He gave her one last apologetic look before shutting the door and driving off.

A gasp of disbelief left her lips, her eyes wide as she tried to yank on the handcuff. She ran her hand through her hair, her mind spinning with confusion and anger.

She planted one foot on the back of the Jeep, using it as leverage as she tried to pull against the cuffs. She only ended up pinching her skin and creating a dull pain in her wrist.

Rowan let out a groan of defeat and sat down on the ground, her arm held above her at an uncomfortable angle. She was pissed, Stiles not even leaving a key for her to unlock herself.

She couldn't call her mom, because having her mom find her handcuffed to a vehicle in an abandoned warehouse would definitely lead to being grounded.

She couldn't call the sheriff, because then both her and Stiles would be in trouble, and he'd probably end up calling her mom to com get her.

She couldn't call Lydia, because Lydia wasn't answering the phone and was probably in trouble somewhere.

Rowan frowned and let her head fall back against the bumper of the Jeep, glaring up at the ceiling.

"I'm going to kill him."

___________________________

Not edited

ITS ALMOST OVER AND IM FREAKING OUT