12; Urgency

Rowan could feel herself growing dizzier by the minute, her temperature no doubt spiking since they entered vault.

"Anything?" Stiles asked, leaning against the vault door.

"They're looking for us." Scott answered, looking over at him. "Someone's gonna have to go out there."

They looked back at the girls, Kira rubbing Malia's back while Rowan winced in pain. The brunette looked over to see them whispering, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. But the way Scott stated at Malia, led her to believe that's who it was about.

Rowan started to doze off as they continued talking, jumping slightly when Stiles shook her.

"I gotta go, alright?" He whispered, making Rowan sit up and grab his arm.

"No." She breathed, shaking her head. "I'm going with you."

"Rowan, you're just as bad as them." Stiles frowned as she started to push herself up, her strength already weakened.

"It's not actually happening to me, it just feels like it is." She swallowed, stumbling as her head spun. "I went through this the other day, and I can tell when they're close to death. I can give you an advantage to help them."

"I don't know." He shook his head, glancing over his shoulder to where the others were, Kira comforting Scott and Malia curled up in his jacket. "Something could happen to you."

"I don't care." She gripped his arm, keeping herself steady. "I'm going."

"Okay." Stiles nodded, wrapping his arm around her. "Let's get going then."

The two of them made their way out the door, looking back for only a moment before it shut behind them.

● ● ●

"Wait here," Stiles whispered, looking back at Rowan as she leaned against the wall. "If they see you, they'll make you stay."

"Got it." Rowan grunted, wincing as she wiped the back of her hand across her forehead. She let her eyes fall shut as she slid down to the ground, pressing her cheek against the cool wall.

"Rowan." She was shaken again, the girl opening her eyes to see a sweaty Stiles hovering above her. "We have to go."

"Mm." She nodded, taking a shaky breath as he helped her up. Rowan's knees gave out for a moment, Stiles scrambling to catch her and pull her against him. Her face was buried in his neck, her fingers weakly grabbing his shirt. "They're getting worse."

"You have to keep moving." He urged her, pulling her away and holding her face. "Look at me, okay?"

Rowan's eyelids fluttered open, her pupils slightly dilated as she nodded with parted lips. "Yeah, I-I can go."

"C'mon." He slung her arm over his shoulders, gripping her waist as they made it down the hall to the locker room. Stiles used his shoulder to open the door, half dragging Rowan inside and towards Coach's  office. "Sit, right here."

Rowan nodded weakly as he set her down onto the chair, the girl slouching to rest her head on the desk. She could faintly hear him throwing things on the ground beside her, but she was fighting to open her eyes.

He slammed one of the drawers shut before sitting in Coach's chair, curling his hands into a fist. Stiles reached forward and grabbed the permission slips off the desk, flipping through them as the red ink faded for being replaced completely by black ink.

He grabbed the cup sitting next to his computer, his mind flashing back to how they stamped their prints when he saw the black thumb print on the cup.

Agony ☾StilinskiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara