20; Restraint

"What the hell happened?"

Rowan, Stiles, and Stilinski all stood in the doorway of Derek's loft, which was destroyed. Derek turned, a grim look on his face. "It was supposed to be a date."

"They were both here?" Rowan asked, her eyes scanning the loft, shattered light bulbs covering the floor.

"And they're both gone." Braeden's arms were folded across her chest, her expression mirroring Derek's.

Stiles's phone began to vibrate, him pulling it out and answering.

"Scott has been taken."

"Scott and Kira, we just don't know where." Stiles said, Lydia on the other line.

"Mexico." Deaton's voice floated through the phone, giving Stiles his answer. "And if you want to save his life, that's where you're going too."

•••

"You are not going to Mexico."

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, Okay?" Stiles said, keeping his voice low. "I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

"Even if Deaton is right about this, the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels." Stilinski shook his head, whispering back.

"Dad-" Stiles smacked his hand on his desk, looking up at him in annoyance.

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol," He listed, his finger jamming into the desk with each point. "Putting out an all-points."

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay?" Stiles argued, his jaw clenching. "Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them. I'm going."

"I'm going too." Rowan spoke up from the chair she was seated in, her hand raised slightly. Both of them turned to look at her, their stares cold.

"No." They said in sync, making her cross her arms.

"I can keep you from going." Stilinski pointed at Stiles, then looking over his shoulder and pointing at her. "I can keep both of you from going."

"I'll find a way." Stiles shrugged, letting his hands fall to his sides.

"I can throw you in a cell."

"I'd still find a way." Stiles had a look of determination on his face, making his father sigh.

"Stiles, please just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" He pointed at his forehead, growing more irritated. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico."

"Three." Rowan interjected, sinking back in her chair when she received another glare.

"We'll both go, okay?" Stilinski gave his son a reassuring look, before pointing at Rowan. "Notice I said both, as in two. You're not going."

"Okay, okay great." Stiles clapped his hands together, biting down on the inside of his lip. "Do I get a gun?"

His father and Rowan both stared at him for a moment, as if he was stupid before speaking in sync.

"No."

•••

"Dammit Liam, Rowan, go home." Stiles waved his arm at them, the two standing firmly in place. "You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" Liam whined, following Stiles as he and Malia walked past.

"Because its a full moon, and I don't feel like driving all the way to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles explained, holding up a finger when Rowan opened up her mouth to speak. "Don't even
get me started on you."

"You can lock me up right? Chain me down to the backseat or something?" He offered, his eyes wide an innocent.

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia said, shaking her head.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there."

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Stiles just stared at Liam, his eyes squinting as he squeezed his hands together.

"Seriously, you haven't seen it either?" He just shook his head, turning to walk away from them.

"Wait," Liam stepped in front of them, offering up another idea. "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"You'd get out of that too." Malia frowned, shaking her head.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf for all of five minutes, you don't have to do this." Stile said quietly, Rowan speaking up.

"Technically you've been a werewolf for all of never, so.." She trailed off when Stiles glared at her, giving him a thumbs up.

"I know I don't, but I want to." Liam stood up straighter, trying to make himself look bigger. "There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be."

"Maybe there is." Stiles's face lit up, an idea coming to mind.

"Okay, so the actual fetus gets to go, but I don't?" Rowan complained, throwing her hands up in the air. "Malia, back me up."

"I don't think you should go either." Malia shrugged, crossing her arms. Stiles walked over to Rowan, grabbing her shoulders.

"No matter how much you kick, whine, and scream, you are not coming with us."

_______________________

Not edited

There is a very real possibility of me finishing this book today and I'm shook