18; Pineapple Pizza

"Hey, Malia." Rowan walked up to Malia's locker, giving her a friendly smile.

"Hey." Malia mumbled, putting in her combination.

Ever since Malia had kissed Rowan at the bonfire, she'd been avoiding her. She was fine when they were at the lake house, but after that it was back to radio silence.

"How are you?" She asked, watching as Malia started to put stuff in her locker. She let out a gasp when she saw Malia's Econ test, grabbing it out of her hands before she could hide it.

"Hey-"

"Mal," Rowan frowned, looking down at the big red 'F' at the top corner of the test. She looked back up at her, a concerned look on her face. "If you had actually showed up to our tutoring session, I could've prepared you better."

"I know." Malia muttered, taking it back and crumpling it into a ball. She threw it in her locker, slamming them metal door shut.

"Please stop avoiding me." Rowan blurted, making her look up.

Malia's face softened when she saw the hurt in Rowan's eyes, reeking of guilt and sadness. She didn't think that she was actually hurting her feelings, she thought she was doing her a favor.

"I'm sorry." She winced, breaking eye contact. "I thought you hated me."

"Why would I hate you?" Rowan reached over and grabbed her hand, holding it in hers. Malia just gave her an embarrassed look, making her squeeze her hand. "I could never hate you, okay? One day you are going to find someone who loves you, the right way."

"Okay." Malia gave her a forced smile, the corners of her mouth going up just a little.

"Okay? Come here." She gave Malia a hug, squeezing her tightly for a moment before pulling back and giving her a smile. "Now, lets go study for next weeks test."

•••

"Come outside."

"What?" Rowan laughed, getting up off her bed. She looked out the window to see Stiles leaning against a cop car, phone to his ear. "What are you doing here?"

"So, Eichen House dissolved our debt due to the fact that Lydia and I almost got murdered, so my dad wants to take us out to dinner. You like pizza?"

"I love pizza." Rowan smiled, watching Stiles's dad wave his arm out from the driver's side window. "I'll be right down."

"Great. See ya down here."

Rowan hung up, hurriedly checking her hair and makeup in the mirror before grabbing her jacket and shoes. She hopped down the stairs with one foot as she tried to put on her shoe, almost tripping and falling down the stairs in the process.

"Where do you think you're going?" Rowan looked up with wide eyes to see her mom, standing by the door with her arms crossed.

"Stiles invited me to dinner with his dad." She answered, rubbing her hands on her pants as her mom raised an eyebrow. "His dad's the sheriff. Super safe, won't end up concussed or killed."

"Be back by ten." Evelyn sighed, stepping aside so she could get to the door.

"Thank you." Rowan breathed, kissing her mom on the cheek and opening the front door. Stiles was checking his hair in the side mirror, Rowan holding back a laugh as she snuck up behind him. "Boo."

"Jesus." He smacked his forehead on the mirror, a groan escaping his lips.

"You okay?" She laughed, covering her mouth. He just nodded, moving to open the door to the backseat for her.

"Sorry Stiles," His dad interrupted him, shaking his head. "Rowan's sitting up front."

Rowan gave Stiles a big smile, opening the passenger side door and hopping in the seat. She closed the door and buckled up, listening to Stiles mutter to himself as he got into the backseat.

"Thank you for inviting me to dinner." Rowan folded her hands in her lap, giving him a polite smile.

"Of course," His dad started the car, pulling out from in front of her house. "Gotta get to know my son's girlfriend somehow."

"Dad." Stiles coughed, his eyes wide as he shook his head. "Never said that she was my girlfriend. Never said that."

"Well you talk about her all the time, so I just figured-"

"Dad, stop talking." Rowan looked back at Stiles, her eyebrows raised as he shook his head almost violently. "I never talk about you, ever. He's losing it, all he pepper spray has gone to his head."

"Sure it has."

•••

"What kind of pizza do you like, Rowan?" Stilinski asked, sitting down across from her and Stiles in the booth.

"Uh, Hawaiian." Rowan answered, watching his face light up.

"I like her already." He winked at his son, who let out a quiet groan. He got up and walked over to the counter, waiting in line to order.

"I'm so sorry about him, he's so embarrassing." Stiles gave her an apologetic look, Rowan just smiling back at him.

"Don't worry about it." She reached over and grabbed his hand under the table, Stiles's face heating up as his fingers laced with hers.

"Not worrying at all."

______________________________

Not edited

We love a confident sister.

Just a short crappy and fluffy filler chapter, because this book is almost over and I'm not ready