07; Feverish

"Miss Sinclair, did you hear me?"

Rowan blinked and looked up, tightening the blanket around her shoulders as she shook her head.

"The house is empty." Clarke explained, sitting next to her on the curb. "We've contacted your parents, your mother is on her way and your father is trying to catch the next flight out."

"Thanks." Her voice was hoarse, the girl clearing her throat to steady it. "What uh, what happened?"

"It seems like they were looking for you or your parents, but your dog got in the way." The deputy looked over at the animal control truck, where they were loading the dog into the back. "That, or they were trying to send a message. Do you know anyone who wants to hurt your family in any way?"

"No." Rowan shook her head, looking down at her hands. "It couldn't have been a robbery gone bad?"

"Nothing else was touched, so it's highly unlikely." Clarke let out a long sigh, pushing herself off the ground. "I have to go make a report, do you think you'll be okay over here?"

"I'll be fine." She nodded, forcing a reassuring smile. Clarke patted her back softly before walking towards her patrol car, leaving Rowan alone. Her head lifted when she heard a car horn honk, Lydia's Honda parking across the street. She stood up slowly, watching in confusion as Kira, Lydia, and Malia got out, crossing the street quickly. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Stiles has a police scanner in his car." Lydia explained, hugging herself against the cold. "He was busy, so he sent us to make sure you were okay."

"That's really-" Her response was cut off by a soft 'oomph' as she was hit full force, her lungs practically being crushed. "I'm okay, Mal."

Lydia and Kira shared a look as Rowan laughed and hugged Malia back, the werecoyote squeezing her half to death.

"Sorry," Malia laughed and let go, a sheepish look on her face. "Is your dog okay?"

"No, he's not." Rowan's voice cracked slightly, wetting her lips. "They think who ever did it was looking for me or my parents."

"Do they have any idea who it was?" Kira asked, shifting on her feet nervously. Rowan just shrugged, sucking in a deep breath. "Well, if needed, I can kick some serious ass."

"Thanks Kira."

● ● ●

"Rowan, sweetie." Rowan was shaken awake, her eyes opening to her mother's concerned face. "You slept past your alarms."

"Seriously?" She sat up quickly, her head pounding as she did so. It was in this moment she realized her throat was raw and her nose stuffed, signs of the worst thing she could encounter-she was sick. "What time is it?"

"Almost two o'clock, I'm on lunch right now." Her mother moved her hair out of her face, gasping when she touched her skin. She laid the back of her hand on her forehead, frowning even more. "You're burning up right now!"

"How did I sleep in this late?" Rowan groaned, trying to push her blankets off of her. Her skin felt like it was on fire, and she was sweating like a pig.

"Lay down, I'll call into work-"

"Don't." She shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut for a few moments. "I'll be fine. I'll just take a cool shower and make myself some soup, I'll tell Tracy to get my work or something."

"Are you sure?" Evelyn looked hesitant, her daughter just shooing her away.

"I'm seventeen, I can take care of myself." Rowan insisted, using her foot to nudge her off the bed. Her mom started to walk towards the door, glancing back at her. "Mom, seriously. I know you have a big case to work on, so go."

"I'm locking the front and back doors." Her mother yelled as she walked down the hall, making Rowan roll her eyes. It wasn't like there was a deputy sitting outside in her patrol car-oh wait, there was.

Once she heard the door shut she fell back against her pillow, reaching for her phone.

From Tracy (3):
Where tf are you?
Did you die?
So not planning your funeral bye.

From Malia:
u ok?

To Tracy:
I'm sick, can you grab my work?

From Tracy (2):
Boo, you whore.
But yeah

To Malia:
I'm okay, just not feeling well

From Malia:
Ok

Rowan tossed her phone next to her and rubbed her face, letting out a long moan of annoyance. If there was one thing she hated most, it was being sick. She rolled out of bed and ran a hand through her hair, retreating to the bathroom for a cold shower.

● ● ●

When she woke up again after her shower and some soup she had dug out from the pantry, it was dark.

Or at least, she thought it was. She didn't think she had slept this long, and she didn't remember turning off the lights. Rowan sat up and looked around, squinting to look for any source of light. She felt around for her phone and pressed the buttons, frowning when no light showed up.

She cautiously got out of bed and held her arms out, trying to avoid running into anything. She felt like utter crap-hell, close to dying as she felt along the wall.

Rowan's eyebrows furrowed as she flicked on the light switch, earning no response. She flicked it back and forth, growing more irritated. "Did the power go out?"

Before she could go to look for a flashlight she doubled over, gasping in pain. Her head was pounding and her stomach was churning, the girl clutching her skull and biting on her lip so she wouldn't cry out.

And then, it just stopped.

Rowan's eyes opened slowly, the bright sunlight filling her room and all the pain gone. Just a second ago it felt like she was dying, and now she felt fine. She scrambled to get to her feet and reached for the thermometer on her desk, pressing the button and sticking it under her tongue.

She sat there patiently until the annoying beeping sounded, signaling for her to look.

A perfect 98.6.

________________________

Not edited.

This was a short but necessary filler so.

For those of you who don't get it, remember how satomi's pack got f'ed up? Yeah that's what happened.

OKAY SO NEXT CHAPTER IS STOWAN'S DATE AKA WE FIND OUT WHAT SHE IS.

Well, you guys do--I already know.

Also; the majority of the vote was #TeamStowan, so Stowan it is. There's a possibility of my making a Malia fic, so don't fret Ralia shippers.

Vote and comment ❤️

Xx