19; Game On

"Good morning." Rowan jumped, a little startled as she turned around to look at Stiles. He held out a cup of coffee, from the coffee shop a couple blocks away from the school. "I uh, I got you some caffeine."

"Thanks." She smiled, shutting her locker and taking it from him.

"Careful, it's hot." Stiles warned, twisting his fingers together. He had his lacrosse bag slung over his shoulder, her camera bag on hers.

"I don't know if I told you already, but I love your dad." Rowan chuckled, her hands wrapping around the thin cup to warm them. "He's hilarious."

"His best jokes are ones made at my expense, so you really got the best of it." He scratched the back of his neck, looking down at the ground.

Her phone went off, her hand moving to pull it out of her pocket. She read the screen, a frown on her face.

"I have to go pick up a new SD card, I guess the other yearbook girl's is full." She sighed, putting her phone back into her pocket. "Thank you so much for this."

"No problem." Stiles smiled, resting his hand on his bag as he gave her a nod and started walking towards the locker room, Rowan starting to walk in the same direction. "Oh, are you-"

Stiles stopped in his tracks and turned around quickly, accidentally hitting Rowan's hand and making her dump the coffee onto her chest.

A small choking noise escaped her throat as the scalding coffee seeped into her skin, her shirt soaked. Stiles's eyes widened, his mouth opening to try and find his words.

"Oh my god." Rowan squeaked, the cup falling onto the ground.

"Oh my god," Stiles repeated, his eyes moving to her shirt. If it was possible for his eyes to get any wider, they did. "Rowan, I can see everything."

"What do you mean you can see every-" She sucked in a deep breath as she looked down, a grimace forming on her face. The coffee has soaked through her t-shirt, leaving it completely transparent and showing her bra. She groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I don't have time to go home and change, I'm gonna be late enough already because of the stupid SD card."

"Wait." Stiles held up a finger, unzipping his duffel bag and pulling out a white lacrosse jersey. "Here, it's our away game jersey, you can wear it."

"Are you sure?" She looked up at him, Stiles nodding as he tried to look anywhere but her chest.

"It's clean, I promise." He held it out to her, Rowan pausing for a moment before taking it.

"Thank you." She gave him a tight smile, half walking, half jogging to the girls' bathroom.

Rowan slid the camera bag off her shoulder and set it on the edge of one of the sinks, tossing the jersey on top of it. She peeled off her soaked shirt, throwing it in the garbage as there was no way the stain would ever come out.

She grabbed a bunch of paper towels and wet them, wiping the sticky drink off her skin and bra. She grabbed some more dry ones and patted herself, frowning at the fact that she was going to reek of coffee.

She threw all the paper towels in the trash, grabbing the jersey and pulling it on over her head. She looked at herself in the mirror, adjusting the jersey so that it wouldn't look so baggy on her.

"Good enough."

•••

Rowan knelt on the edge of the field, lining her eye up with the camera and taking a picture of the boys lined up before the play started. The whistle blew, followed by Stiles immediately falling onto his face.

Rowan winced each time Stiles dropped the ball, or got slammed to the ground by Devenford players, the crowd groaning.

"Sinclair!" She looked up from the camera to see Coach Finstock standing over her, his arm pointed towards the field. "Why does your boyfriend suck so much?"

"He's not my boyfriend, coach." Rowan frowned, watching as the ball hit Stiles in the back of the head.

"Then why are you wearing his number?" Coach yelled, gesturing towards the big '24' on the front of the jersey. She opened her mouth and shut it again, coming up with no answer. "Come on!"

Rowan turned her attention back to the game, Devenford scoring yet another point. They were getting their asses kicked.

Coach threw his clipboard on the ground and started yelling obscenities, Rowan turning around to look at Stiles and Liam with wide eyes as they sat on the bench.

She watched Stiles pat Liam on the shoulder before getting up and walking off.

"What?" She whispered, shoving her camera into its bag and getting up, jogging after him. "Stiles, where are you going?"

"Scott didn't show up, and he's not answering his phone." Stiles ran his hands through his hair, his breath visible in the cold air. "So now we gotta go make sure that he's not dead, or worse."

"What's worse than death?" Rowan asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

"You don't wanna know."

_______________________

Not edited

Oof, two updates in a row and I'm working on the third leggo