11; Virus

"It's still happening." Mr.Yukimura frowned, shaking his head at Scott who else his eyes flashed red.

"I can't make them go back." Malia held up her hands, claws out.

"Obviously the virus is affecting the two of you in a way it won't hit any human being."

"So you guys have to stay out of sight." Stiles spoke up, looking between them. "We have to quarantine you. From the quarantine."

"Yeah, but where?" Kira asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "What if they get violent, like on a full moon?"

"We shouldn't stay in here, not in the locker room." Scott shook his head, his eyes drooping.

"A classroom is not gonna hold us." Malia stated matter-of-factly, wiping sweat from her forehead.

"What about the basement?"

"Too many ways to get out." He argued. "We need something secure somewhere nobody can find us."

"The vault." Stiles realized, Scott looking up at him. "The Hale vault."

"The Hales always have an escape route, like their house." Scott agreed, swallowing. "There has to be another way in."

"Then I hope you find it." They all looked up to see Rowan, the girl's face shiny with sweat from where she stood in the doorway. "Because I think I know exactly what's happening."

● ● ●

"Okay, this is where the school sign is, so the vault should be right about here." Stiles rolled out the blue prints, his eyes glancing up at fatigued Rowan.

"Suppose if there's a second entrance, it would probably be accessible from the basement." Mr.Yukimura assumed as Malia wiped the sweat off her face.

"It's probably somewhere in this hallway." He pointed at the sketches. "West corridor."

Stiles then stumbled, nearly falling on his face and catching him off guard. "Whoa."

Rowan reached forward and pulled back his sleeve, revealing the rash that Sydney had.

"It's happening to you too." She swallowed, taking a shaky breath. "You're getting sick."

"You all are." The older man looked to his daughter, Kira just shaking her head.

"I don't feel sick." She insisted, her father letting out a long sigh.

"I think it's affecting you differently." Mr.Yukimura explained, pulling out her test. "Neurologically. I found your test answer sheet with a pile of the others."

He smoothed out the paper, all the dots being filled in completely random places, nowhere close to the bubbles.

● ● ●

They all made their way down the stairs, Rowan nearly slipping and falling in the process.

"You good?" Stiles asked, gripping her arm so she didn't fall. She just nodded in response, the two of them continuing after the others.

Once they hit the west hall they started looking atound, for a seal or a door. Rowan paused when she came upon a rack, moving one of the boxes to reveal a strange emblem. "Stiles?"

"Hey, guys." Stiles waved the rest of them over, starting to move the rack. "Over here."

Once they shoved it all the way aside, he ran his finger across it before sharing a look with Scott.

"Look at the cracks in the wall." He backed up, pointing at it. "It's like the entrance outside, it only opens with claws. Anyone's claws, right?"

Maybe it was the tone of voice, or the way him, Kira, and Scott looked at each other, but Rowan could tell something was up.