22; It Could've Been You

Rowan took a bite of her pizza, her legs crossed as she leaned against the back of the Jeep. She'd been there for a couple hours, and she got hungry.

Let's just say that explaining her situation to the pizza guy was a little difficult.

At the moment, her main focus was not starving to death and praying that none of her friends ended up dead.

"Rowan?" She sat up when she heard her name, waving her arm around so that the clicking of the metal could be heard.

"Over here." Rowan sighed, taking another bite as Lydia came into view.

"Did you order pizza?" Lydia asked, blinking at her.

"I got hungry." She shrugged, her eyes lighting up as the Sheriff walked over. "Hey, little help here?"

"Are you okay?" Stilinski asked, kneeling down to unlock the handcuffs. She heard a click and pulled her wrist to her chest, massaging it gently.

"Just annoyed." She huffed, pushing herself off the ground with a groan. She brushed the dirt off her pants, reaching down and grabbing her pizza box. "I'm going to murder your son, by the way."

"As a police officer, I'm going to have to tell you not to do that." He paused, shaking his head. "But as a pissed off father, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear you say that. Didn't hear it, can't stop it."

"What did you do this whole time?" Lydia asked as they walked back to the squad car, Rowan taking a deep breath.

"Played a lot of Candy Crush. Like a lot." She looked up, seeing Mason standing next to the car. "Hey, Mase, whats up?"

"A little scarred for life." Mason nodded, rubbing his hands on his shirt. "Almost died, but I think I'll be okay."

"It happens." Rowan shrugged, wrapping her arm around his shoulder. "Welcome to the inner circle."

"Let's get you guys back home." Stilinski suggested, opening the door and getting in. Rowan squeezed Mason's shoulder, the two of them getting into the backseat while Lydia sat up front.

•••

Stiles walked straight towards his father's office, being pulled into a hug before he could even reach the door. He squeezed him tight, patting him on the back. "Dad, you smell terrible."

"Yep, you do too." Stilinski chuckled, pulling away and grabbing his shoulder. "But I think smell isn't something you should be worried about."

Stiles looked past his dad to see Rowan, who was sitting in a chair with her arms crossed. He bit down on his lip as she stood up, slowly walking over to him. They stood there for a moment in silence, before she planted both hands on his chest and shoved him.

"Idiot." Rowan snapped, pushing him again. He stumbled back, wincing as she punched and slapped at him. "One of you could've died, and I would've felt it. And I wouldn't have known who it was. Malia, Scott, even you!"

"I know." Stiles sighed, grunting as she smacked his chest again. "And I'm sor-"

He didn't get to finish his apology, because her hands grabbed his face and brought his lips to hers. Stiles was stunned for a moment, not fully believing that the girl he had been pining over for the past year was actually kissing him. He kissed her back, one of his hands moving to her hair and the other to her waist.

Stilinski coughed awkwardly, turning away as he scratched the back of his neck.

After a few moments they pulled away, his forehead resting on hers as they breathed heavily. She swallowed, wetting her lips. "It could've been you."

"I'm okay." Stiles hugged her, her chin resting on his shoulder as she winked at Stilinski. "We're all okay."

"How about we get something to eat?" Stilinski asked, clapping his hands together.

"Yeah, I'm starving." Stiles said, Rowan breaking the hug. Her and his father walked towards the door, Stiles moving to follow them. He jolted to a stop, looking down at his wrist that was cuffed to the desk. "Okay, I get it. Payback."

"I'm feeling burgers, what about you?" Rowan asked, completely ignoring Stiles as he yanked on the cuffs.

"I could go for a burger right now." Stilinski nodded, leading her out of the station.

"Can you bring me back some curly fries?" Stiles called out weakly after them, frowning down at the handcuffs.

•••

"So, what are your plans for the summer?" Lydia asked, watching Rowan toss a couple of random papers in the trash. "Internship at the hospital?"

"I think I'm gonna take it easy this summer." Rowan smiled, shutting her locker. "I spent way to much time this year in the hospital, I wanna spend this summer having fun."

"And is part of that fun Stiles?" Lydia raised an eyebrow, watching her friend blush as she adjusted her the strap of her bag.

"I didn't think it could happen again," She took a deep breath, smiling at Lydia. "But I'm actually happy. Even though he can be ridiculous at times, he makes me happy. We decided that we are going to spend the summer road tripping and adventuring."

"Good." Lydia smiled back, looping their arms together as they walked out of the school. "Speak of the Devil."

Stiles was leaning against his Jeep, looking down at his phone as he waited for Rowan to finish up. She waved goodbye to Lydia, walking over to Stiles and resting her hand on his arm.

"Hey." He locked his phone and slid it into his pocket, bending slightly so he could plant a kiss on her lips.

"Hey." Rowan smiled after breaking the kiss, lacing her fingers with his.

"You ready for the summer of a lifetime?" He asked, bringing her hand to his mouth and kissing it.

"You bet I am."

______________________

Not edited

This is very short, and I'm sad to say that this is the last chapter.

There will be no epilogue because....

There will be a sequel!

It will be called Misery, but I don't know when I will be posting it. I need to plan the plot and everything, so STAY TUNED!!

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you stick around for the sequel.

Brea xx