Sequence II, Chapter 2 : Ruby - Beacon

After about half an hour of walking, and Ruby asking about Florence. You reached said academy. It was larger than you thought it would be. It also didn't stop Ruby from grabbing hold of your arm and dragging you to places.

You got the attention of everybody as you were dragged through the courtyard.

"Uh.. Is she always this hyper?"

"No, it probably has to do with you returning her scythe, though." Yang said.

You then reached a room and Ruby tapped on the door.

Footsteps were heard and the door open.

"HEYPROFESSOROZPINY/NWOULDLIKETOAPPLYINBEACONANDJOINUS"

He stared at her and back at me. His outfit had the red logo you recognised so much. You pulled your hand and took a stance.

"It seems like an Assassin would like to join Beacon, now. Tell me why I would even dream of accepting one?"

"You don't. Coming here wasn't even my plan anyway."

The four girls just looked at both of you in confusion.

"Uhm, Why are you both so.. mean to each other?"

"Let's just say that the organisation he works for is completely and mine are not in good terms." You said.

"Now, I have a school to run, and if you leave now, I'll forget this confrontation ever happened."

"This is the first time I'm actually agreeing with a Templar." Were your words before turning your back and leaving.

"Now, If you girls excuse me, I have a school to run."

"But-" The door slammed shut.

The group blinked before looking at the direction you walked, to realised you weren't there anymore.

"What was that about." Weiss asked.

"I wish I knew. It would seem that Ozpin and Y/N aren't on good terms."

"Also, did you see that symbol on Professor Ozpin's shoulder? I've never seen him wear something with that, before."

"No kidding- Hey, where's Ruby?"

They looked around and saw a glimpse of her cloak at where you walked off.

"She followed Y/N. Come on, lets see that she doesn't get lost."

=Back to you=

You kept an eye on your surroundings. You were at Templar territory and you could be hunted at anytime soon. However, you felt something, nay. Someone cling in to your hand. You looked over to see it was Ruby.

"Uh.. Hi there."

"Hi! I'm sorry I couldn't get you into Beacon."

"Its okay, I didn't want to be here anyway."

She looked hurt over what you just said.

"My apologies, it's just that your headmas-"

You heard an explosion, which cut you off. Ruby shrieked as she jumped on you, quite literally. You looked over and saw the bodies of her teammates, laying on the floor unconscious.

You then saw Ozpin fighting... another Ozpin.

"Wait, What?"

You ran towards the fight with Ruby still on you. She was surprisingly light. At the end of the hallway, you saw Rodrigo Borgia holding a piece of Eden. You attempted to help the Ozpin who didn't have the Templar mark but you kept being pushed away by a unseeable force.

"Y/N! It's Roman. Here. Use this." She pulled out her Crescent Rose and handed it to you.

"I must say, I never did quite train with a scythe. But theres a first time for everything."

You then ran towards Roman and slashed at him, but he seemed break. Like glass.

'Wait a minute, Ezio once told me that anything that broke like glass.... was an illusion.'

You then felt a stinging pain in your left shoulder. You barely managed to stay on your knees as the pain only started to increase.

"KYAAAA-"

You turned to see Faunuses grabbing Ruby by the shoulder and dragging her away.

"Y/N HEEEEELP"

She managed to shout before being muffled. You then grabbed her scythe as it shifted into a gun and you fired at those Faunus. It didn't occur to you that your left arm was starting to throb as all your attention was focused on saving Ruby.

Soon enough, everyone fell to the ground lifeless and you walked over to Ruby.

You took off her muffles. And as soon as you did, she hugged you and started crying.

"I-I was so scared."

"It's okay, I won't let anyone harm you."

"Aww, how sweet of a reunion. Now die."

You grabbed her arm with your right hand and slung her over your back as she hung on tight and you dodged all bullets that was aimed for both of you.

You didn't notice, but Ruby was continuously blushing as she stared at your face. You were so focused. So mysterious. So.... attractive. She tried to shake these thoughts out of her head but failed horribly. These feelings she felt. It was nothing like she ever felt before.

However, you turned back and grabbed her Crescent Rose. You didn't know why, but it felt so natural to hold the scythe.

You looked over to the person who was shooting at both of you. It was a girl with fire-red dress. It was then she grinned and conjured a fireball.

You took a stance and the moment you saw the fireball nearing your face, you slashed through it and it dissipated. Her face full of shock as you continued walking forward. She continued firing the fireballs and you easily sliced through all of them.

"STAY AWAY!"

She took a second as she conjured up a really big fireball. It could easily swallow up Beacon, but you couldn't allow it. She shouted a cry as she flung the ball. You then spun the Scythe in rotary motion as it clashed against the ball of fire.

You sped up your spinning and finally swung the blade toward Cinder. Her screamed in agony as the fire consumed her.

"If.. only... I knew...about the.... Assassins." Were her last words before she turned into ashes. Ruby cried into your shoulder.

"Requiescat in Pace, if only we met differently. You could have been a part of the Assassins."

You then turned to see Ozpin. This time he didn't have the Templar logo on his shoulder. However, finally noticed the ever growing pain on your left shoulder and fell on your knees. Ruby got off and tried to help you, but you fell on the floor.

"Y/N! DON'T LEAVE ME." Ruby cried out. She buried herself on your chest and cried.

"DONT DIE ON ME"

You passed out.