Sequence V, Chapter 2: Neo - Mind Link

You slowly opened your eyes and held your palm against your head, it was pounding. You looked around with one eye closed and it was a place you did not recognise. This was a room meant for the wealthy as everything in the room looked to be of great worth.

"And you're saying HE is the only suitable candidate?" You heard voices outside. You focused your hearing to the source of the voices.

"Well, no, but he is the only one that will live through the process." That voice, Shay Patrick Cormac.

"Tch. We'll see about that."

You heard footsteps getting softer and it was silent once more. It wasn't until you heard the door creak open and a tiny figure stood in the doorway. You recognised it as Neo.

You smiled and she walked up to you.

"Where am I— Oh, right. Sorry." The fact that Neo couldn't speak eluded your knowledge until recently. She smiled and took a seat next to the bed.

She grabbed a notebook and pen, and started scribbling something on it. She shoved it in your face.

We're at headquarters. There is much to be explained, but for now, rest.

You raised an eyebrow.

"Headquarters?"

She nodded and placed a finger on your lip, mimicking the 'shush' gesture. Neo then turned and opened something.

"A refrigerator in a wall?" You asked.

She turned to you and nodded, whilst taking out what seemed to be a container of some sorts. She opened it to reveal. . . ice cream?

She took a spoon from the bed side table and started eating it. She stuffed her cheeks with ice cream and was making a mess on her face. She looked to be in bliss.

You couldn't contain your laughter and burst out laughing, ignoring the pain coursing throughout your body. You laughed for a solid ten minutes as Neo devoured her ice cream.

As you stopped laughing, you couldn't help but think how childish Neo is, yet she is a scary person at the same time. You recalled the enjoyment on Neo's face as she easily danced around Yang, easily dodging her strikes.

You glanced at Neo, who was happily eating ice cream. She really is something different. Her personality in battle and her personality when she's not is very different. Much like her hair and eyes.

She poked your shoulder and you looked at her. She held a spoonful of ice cream in front of your face. You alternated between looking at Neo and the spoon of ice cream, and shook your head.

She frowned and pushed the spoon a little further, insisting that you eat it. You opened your mouth to decline but Neo took the opportunity shove it in your mouth(kappa)

Your eyes widened, the sensation of ice cream in your mouth surprised you quite a bit. You took a second to taste it's flavour and it was quite different than ones you have tasted. It felt like a combination of multiple flavours at once.

"It's her favourite flavour, Neapolitan."

You turned towards the sound of that voice to see Shay leaning against the door frame. You glared at him, hatred coursing through your veins. You felt a hand on your shoulder and you turned to see Neo shaking her head.