Sequence III, Chapter 4: Yang - A Twist of Fate

Slowly, your eyes opened and you blinked a few times to adjust to the sun. You sat up, stretched and had a quick shower before equipping your robe. You fastened your hidden blades and sheathed your saber to your side before looking out the window and heading off.

You ran to the direction of Isola Tiberina, jumping from building to building, killing suspicious guard on the rooftops and finally you reached your destination. You were about to tap on the door but was interrupted by a pickpocket. Simply, you whistled and gave a gesture before one of your recruits came soaring down to him, killing him and returning your pouch.

"Grazie." You said as he nodded and went his way.

You went in to the hideout and saw that everyone already has assembled and you sensed tension in the air, as if an argument had occurred, but was abruptly stopped.

You looked around and saw that Machiavelli had a look on his face, you recognised it as he does that when he disagrees with Ezio's methods of doing something.

"Something the matter?"

"Bartolomeo suggested we infiltrate a camp the Borgia had set up, his mercenaries say that there is valuable information there, but we don't know what kind of information or if it even is there for sure." Machiavelli responded.

"Really? Where did your soldiers learn this information?" You asked, facing Bartolomeo."

"One of them said he overheard a conversation between two guards. He said something about Project: [L/N]"

Your eyes widened as you heard this. Last you heard that was years ago, your father wanted to upgrade your arsenal into something more.. Dangerous.

"Alright, I'll check the camp. Meanwhile, the few of you train. We have a long month ahead of us."

"You sure about this? It might be a trap."

"Probably, Machiavelli. But that project. [L/N] is my last name. My father wanted to do some changes to me. I thought it was long gone, but there might still he hope." You replied. This news shocking everyone around you, especially Yang.

"I understand." Machiavelli complied and went his way. You were about to walk out the door when someone grabbed your arm. It was Yang.

"Be careful."

"Don't worry. I shall." You replied and went to where Bartolomeo said the camp was. You whistled for a horse and it came, galloping. Mounting the black horse, you galloped towards the camp.

-At Isola Tiberina with the group.-

Claudia came bursting through the doors, which frightened everyone. She had a look of terror on her face.

"What is it, Claudia?" Machiavelli asked.

"Where is Y/N?"

"He left not too long ago. Bartolomeo gave him information about this..... Project: [L/N]."

"Oh no... We have to stop him. It's a trap. The courtesans told me that they were planning to trap and kill Y/N as he posed to much of a threat."

Everyone gasped and Yang quickly ran out to go to where you were headed. Her team following close to her.

-Normal POV-

You dismounted your horse as you climbed up a house and looked around the camp. It was surrounded by wooden pikes and was hard to infiltrate. You decided to kill the two guards guarding the front gate. Slowly, you snuck up next to them and stabbed one with your saber, and jumping on the other, sinking your hidden blade in the guard's neck. You took your sabre and flicked the blood off and sheathed it.