Sequence IV, Chapter 4: Blake - Date

You were busy scraping through notes and books, looking for an answer for the question that was buzzing through your mind like an insect. Unfortunately, you didn't find anything. You sighed, before closing qeverything and placing them in their respective locations.

It has been six months since that encounter with CRDL, Beacon has been swiftly rebuilt and every student who died has been given a proper burial.

That was also the day Blake confessed to you, and you have been dating her since.

You walked out of the library and climbed to the roof of the library and crouched on the ledge, looking around the surroundings. This wasn't the first time you had to come up there to recollect your thoughts.

It was then you heard a conversation, from voices you recognise oh so well. Blake, Ruby and Yang.

"So, did Y/N ask you on a date, yet?" Yang said.

"N-No." The Faunus responded, startled by the change of topic.

"What? Why not? It's already been like five months." Yang said, shocked.

"Six, actually. And.. I'm not to sure myself. Am I not too good for him?"

The moment those words left her mouth, you immediately became filled with regret.

'Thats the answer I was looking for.'

"Maybe he's seeing someone else?" Ruby said. Blake just looked down in sadness. You could see teardrops falling from where she was. Blake stopped walking as she wiped her tears away.

"Maybe I am..."

'What have I done.'

You unsheathed Midnight and sunk it into the roof, focusing your energy through the Midnight, an F/C doppelgänger of you emerged from your body. It jumped down from the building and landed in front of the girls, scaring them. They drew their weapons, but Blake recognised it's form.

"Is that.. Y/N?"

The doppelgänger bowed and grabbed Blake bridal style and leaped on to the library building. Where you were still crouched on the ledge. Blake shrieked in terror as she soared through the air and landed on the building safely. It set her down before walking next to you and merging with you once again.

"What? Y/N? What are you-"

You cut her off by placing your lips on hers, her muscle tensed but soon relaxed into the kiss. You soon broke the kiss and stared into her bright yellow eyes.

"You know, Blake. There is this question that has been bugging me for the past few months and no amount of research has helped me answer this." You said.

Blake recalled what happened earlier and pushed you away.

"What do you want, Y/N?" She snapped.

"Blake. Would you like to go on a date with me." You said.

She did not expect you to say that phrase. All trace of anger was replaced with joy. Instinctively, she threw her arms around you and hugged you.

"Finally!" She squealed in excitement.

"So.. Is that a-"