Chp 17

I'm sorry everyone but I'm back to finish this story.

Andrea's POV

As Jack kissed me passionately, I for a second forgot all that I had experienced, and where I was at the moment. As soon as the kiss was broken reality set in, and I pushed Jack away from me.

"Jack why did you come here? What do you want? I thought I clearly told you to let me be. You can't keep popping up here and shaking my world upside down."

"Andrea let me speak, you have said enough, and quite frankly I can't take you attitude any longer." He paused for a second to catch his breath. I was about to say something but he cut me off. "Look, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, because I knew you been on a lot of different medicines. But give me credit. I have been doing my best to protect you. Why can't you see the good in me.

My first response was to snap on Jack for him trying to snap on me. But I am tired of all this. I'm just ready to go back home with my parents so that I can recover in peace.

I said, "Jack, I understand that you were trying to protect me, and keep your undercover operation intact. But what I don't understand is why I had to suffer."

He said, "Andrea please give me another chance once all this madness is completed. Let me date you, and show you how a real man is supposed to treat his lady."

This white man is looking fine. I was speechless how a man who looks as good as he does is begging to be apart of my life. But I'm no fool my heart is telling me to something else.

"Jack I'm quitting the case. I'm telling the judge that I'm not physically sound to handle the rest of the case. I don't want to be apart of it. I'm sorry I'm going back home with my parents. I'm done."

Jacks POV

This woman has lost her mind! We are all so close in finishing this case and putting serious charges on these thugs and she is trying to quit!

"Andrea, please don't go. On a personal and a professional level we really need you here in Chicago. The district attorney talked to the judge and he's working with us. We are so close getting these people."

Andrea looked tired and her face was broken I could tell that she was at her limit. But if only if she could press on a little bit further.

She said, "I need a break. Please I need rest. So much has happened over the past few days that I can't control my feelings. Earlier I spoke with my doctor and he said that tomorrow morning I will be able to go home with my parents. If I feel able to come bak to Chicago within the week then I will come back."

"Andrea please stay. Really Andrea I love..."

"No, I'm not ready, please don't say those words you don't know me. Just give me time. My body needs to recover. She paused and then said, "Can we just take it slow?"

There was nothing else for me to do but to left her chose what's best for her. "Okay Andrea, can I please have your phone number? It would be nice to have."

"Yes, of course you can have my number. I will eventually come back to Chicago. I will miss you for sure."

I felt like total crap but I couldn't do nothing else to persuade here to come back. But I'll take what I can get.

I decided to cut this visit short. This was too much for me right now. I said, " We'll Andrea I have some work to do right now so I better be going now take care." With that I place a kiss on her forehead and I walked out the door.

I can't believe she's actually finished. But as upset as I was, I had to get focused and get these thugs up off this street. I was too pumped up. I felt like I lost the girl, there ain't no way I'm losing the case.

I went to the hospital parking lot looking for my BMW for then I remember my car got totaled. I looked down at my key to remember what kind of rental I had. Ugh Ford Focus. That car is to small for me. Although the vehicle gets good gas mileage I want my fast car back.

Andreas POV

This was a mess. I don't know what to think right now. I'm just happy I'm going back to my hometown with my family.

I started to daydream about my return trip home I eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up my parents were preparing to take me home. I could believe I slept so late.

My parents bought me a Nike outfit to go home in. I was finally dressed and then I prepared myself for checkout. I was half upset because Jack was no where to be found. But who could I fool I ran him away. I can't be mad at anyone but myself.

Finally I walked outside the hospital room and signed my last release papers I walked backt into my room just to see if Jack was coming back to say goodbye. I waited for three minutes and then reality set in. Jack isn't coming.

I took my time walking out of the building. Praying that I could see him one last time. But I didn't. My life would never be the same again.

The end is coming soon so stay tuned! Xoxo Chels