02

|Braden's POV|

I can't believe I actually went through with breaking up with Scarlett. I thought I would chicken out at the last minute, but I didn't. I broke up with her because I want to experience things. I want freedom. I really love her, but this is for the best.

Scarlett and I have been dating for 6 years. We started dating when she was 15 and I was 16. I have only had one serious girlfriend. Scarlett. I do love her, I really do, but I want to explore my options. I need to be a 22 year old. I really hope she doesn't hate me. She was in the same grade, but her degree takes 5 years, mine only took 4. Scarlett is really smart. That is one of the things I love about her. She is also smoking hot though, so that is a bonus.

Anyways, I leave tomorrow for Wisconsin. I am so excited to play for the Green Bay Packers. I will be the starting center for the Packers. This has been my dream since I was 8-years-old and it's finally coming true.

|Next day|

I leave for Wisconsin in one hour. Future, I'm coming for you.

I was in a cab when it passed Scarlett's apartment building. I looked up to where her balcony was and saw her standing on it. She looked perfect. 'I don't love her' I kept telling myself, but it wasn't true. I think I made a big mistake, a really big mistake.

|Scarlett's POV|

After I realized I was late, I made a reminder on my phone to book a doctor's appointment today. I don't trust the at-home pregnancy tests. My friends have had a lot of scares with those things. Anyways, the appointment is in a few hours. Today is also the day Braden leaves for Wisconsin, but I can't think about that right now. I still love him, but if I am pregnant, I need to focus on the baby.

I was out on my balcony sipping my hot chocolate, I've never liked coffee. I was standing looking out at the city when I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and answered it. It's my mom. "Hi mom," I said after pressing the green answer button. "Hi, sweetie. How are you?" She said really cheerful. "Good. Braden and I broke up, but I'm fine. Why are you so cheerful?" I asked. "Because... your dad and I are coming to Oregon!" She screamed so loud, I had to pull the phone away from my ear. "Really? When?" I asked, but then she just hung up. That's strange.

After a couple seconds of me just standing there, I heard the doorbell ring. I set down my hot chocolate and went to the door. I opened it and then I was pulled into a hug. I instantly went into self-defense mode, but I soon realized it was my family. It was my mom, dad, and my brother. My brother is 16 and his name is Brantley.

I sat around catching up with them until I had to get ready for my appointment. "Sorry I can't talk longer, but I have a doctor's appointment. How about we meet up for lunch?" I said. "Okay. I will text you later, but wait, what is your appointment for?" My mom said. "Just a regular checkup," I said lying through my teeth. Hopefully, she bought it. "Okay." She said skeptically. We then said our goodbyes and love you's.

After I was fully ready and my apartment was all locked up. I went to my car and headed straight to the clinic.

|At the clinic|

Once I got to the clinic, I signed in. Twenty minutes later a nurse came out and said "Scarlett Burk," really loudly. I stood up and walked to her. She looks like she is in her early 20's. She has bleach-blonde hair and hazel eyes. She took me back and took my height, weight, and blood pressure. "Dr. Martinez will be with you soon." The nurse said before taking the clipboard she was writing on and walked out. I looked around the room at all the poster while I waited for the doctor.

About 15 minutes later the doctor walked in. "Hi. I'm Dr. Martinez. You must be Scarlett?" She said. "Yes. I'm Scarlett." I replied. "Okay, how about we get started?" She said and then sat down on the chair. I just shook my head. "Okay. This gel will be really, really cold." She said. "Okay. Thanks for the warning!" I said, but the last few words got a little louder after she put the really, really cold gel on my stomach.

As she was moving the wand thing around on my stomach she said: "How many weeks do you think you are?" "I honestly have no idea," I answered briefly. "Okay. You look about... nine weeks and six days. So almost te weeks." She said. "Everything looks... wait... it looks like you're having triplets." I just looked at her with really wide eyes as she moved the wand around confirming what she thought. "Yup, there are definitely three little ones in there." I just nodded as she started to explain a bunch of stuff to me.

Finally, after taking in everything she said, I asked her if I could get some pictures. She nodded and left to get them. She came back about 2 minutes later and then sent me on my way.