08

|Scarlett's POV|

I was awoken by my annoying ringtone going off. I looked at the time and I saw it was seven o'clock in the morning. The one day I get to sleep in and someone disturbs it. Of course. Whoever is calling better have a good reason.

The caller ID said 'PRIVATE' when I picked it up and looked at it. I went to press the red deny button, but something within me made me stop. I mentally debated with myself and decided to answer it against my better judgment.

I got out of bed and headed to the kitchen as I tapped on the green accept button and put the phone up to my ear. "Hello, who is this?" I said quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone up. I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I went to start making my coffee, my drug of choice. "Hi, Scarlett. This is Braden." My eyes went wide and the phone slipped from between my ear and shoulder, almost falling into the kitchen sink.

It took me a moment to snap back to reality. I gulped as I picked up my phone. It now feels like a foreign object and I put it back up to my ear. "Braden?" I asked to make sure I wasn't just hearing things. "The one and only," he said while slightly chuckling. I didn't really know what to say. 'How the hell did he get my number?' I screamed to myself.

"Brantley gave it to me," he replied. Did I say that out loud? "Yes, you did." I mentally facepalmed and said, "remind me to kill my brother later. Anyways, what do you want Braden?" The line was silent for what felt like an eternity. He finally rushed out, all in one breath, "areyousuretheyaremineandcanIseethem?"

I took me a while to process what he said. I thought about my next words carefully before speaking. I sighed and finally spoke, "yes and..."