16

|Nile's POV|

I walked into the restaurant and the receptionist asked for my name. I said, "Rebekah," and they took my coat and then walked me to our table. Rebekah was already sitting there, looking as gorgeous as ever. Damn... she literally made me stop in my tracks as she looked up at me and waved. I can't believe I ever let her go. I don't regret it because my amazing kids came out of it, but I always what would've happened if we had decided to stay together.

Rebekah and I dated our Freshmen year of high school, but before that, we had been friends since before we could even remember. We didn't want to destroy our friendship so we mutually agreed to split at the end of our Freshmen year. I still wonder sometimes what would've happened.

She moved to Texas ten years ago and I really, really missed her. She was my best friend forever and whenever Scarlett and I would fight she would always be there. We still talked over the last decade, but it became less and less over the years. Scarlett doesn't know about Rebekah being anything more than an ex-girlfriend to me. I figured as long as I never acted on any feelings that I didn't need to.

|Rebekah's POV|

I looked up and saw Nile walking towards me. He I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. I didn't take offense though because he looked lost in thought. I am so happy that Nile agreed to dinner.

I have come to Minnesota once a year for the last ten years and every single time I've come he has never been able to get away from Scarlett. She doesn't know about me which makes me feel like I'm a mistress or something. I would honestly be okay with that though. Scarlett stole Nile from me and it would be my revenge.

Nile filled me in on everything before I came here. She has no right to even expect him to wait for an answer. It isn't fair to Nile, who has only had eyes for Scarlett the last few years.

|Scarlett's POV|

I made a decision. It wasn't easy, but I know who my heart belongs to and I'm going to tell that amazing man right now.

|Nile's POV|

Rebekah just finished her fourth glass of wine so I offered to drive her back to her hotel and she accepted. We got there quickly and I decided the right thing to do was walk her to her door.

She opened the door and I went to walk away, but she turned me around and planted her lips on mine. It was such a passionate kiss and even though my brain screamed at me, I returned the kiss with equal passion and I picked her up. She wrapped her legs around me and I walked into her room and closed the door.