21

|Scarlett's POV|3 months later|

Today Braden and I are going out. Just as friends though. They released me from hell, oops, I mean the hospital about a month ago. My divorce was finalized the next day. I'm really nervous about Nile though. He rushed the divorce and gave me everything, including 100% custody of the kids. I don't know what to think, I still want him in their lives. He is still their dad.

After I told Braden I wanted to start out at friends first, he came to the hospital every day and we got to know each other again. He has also been getting to know the triplets. They love him, well, except Tatum. He's taking a little bit longer to warm up to Braden, but I have hope he will eventually.

My kids also have been getting to know him. The twins absolutely adore him, but Anna isn't so warmed up to him yet, but it is understandable. When I was released from the hospital, he came over in the mornings to help with my kids. I've also been getting to know his kids. They're amazing and so smart. James' mother disappeared as well. Braden doesn't know where she went. I kinda think maybe she and Nile ran off with each other.

Braden has returned to practice for the Vikings. The greatest team in the NFL. Since he is gone during the day my mom comes over and we watch his kids. My mom is reluctant about Braden coming back into my life, but she knows it is my decision to make. Honestly after these last three months. I know without a doubt in my heart that Braden is the person I am meant to be with. We have had a lot of trials and bumps in the road, but in the end, we found our way back to each other. He is my one and only. I am planning on telling him tonight.

|That night|

I was in a navy-blue shirt that went just below my butt and I also had a gray pair of leggings on. I had my hair curled and only natural makeup on. The last thing I needed was to put on my navy-blue flats and grab my purse. My parents were watching both mine and Braden's kids tonight while we go out.

My parents were in watching a movie with the kids when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and before I even said one word his triplets ran past me into the living room in search of their siblings and my mom came and got James. James loved my mother and my mother loved James. They were adorable together.

After no one else was in the entryway we were finally able to speak. "Hi," I said looking at what he was wearing. He was wearing a navy-blue suit and tie with a white shirt. He looked amazing. He was also looking me up and down as he responded. "Hi. You look amazing." I blushed when he said that and then said the same about him. Why am I acting like a teenager? I haven't been a teenager for a long time, but Braden just brings out this other side of me.

We were just standing there not speaking and then he finally broke the silence and said, "are you ready?" I nodded and he offered his hand and I took it and then we walked out to his Dodge truck. We got in and he started driving while sitting in a comfortable silence. We finally pulled up to a park and when he got out I slowly followed.

After I got out and looked around I realized where he brought me. He brought me to the park where we said 'I love you' for the first time. After realizing this I walked over to him and he walked us toward the other end of the park and as we got closer I saw some electronic candles and a blanket.

Once we got to the blanket he sat down and I shortly followed and as we sat there I was thinking back to the night when we said 'I love you' for the first time.

|11 years ago|

Today is mine and Braden's One Year Anniversary. I am so happy. I didn't know how much I was able to love someone until I met Braden. Tonight he took me on a date to a park. We are currently sitting on top of the playground equipment. We were just staring at the stars and enjoying the silence. He was holding my hand and after what felt like hours he finally said something. "My little Scar-bear." I laughed and said, "where did that nickname come from?" "I don't know. It sounded good, but I want to tell you something." I looked him in the eyes after that and I could tell this was serious. I really hoped it is what I thought it was. I finally gained the ability to speak and I said, "what do you wanna tell me?"

He then proceeded to fumble around with my hand before he looked me in the eyes and said, "I love you, Scarlett. I have ever since we were little and you would chase me around with a bucket full of water. Even though you still did it in the middle of winter." I looked him in the eyes and laughed at the memory of what seemed like a different life. "I love you to my Teddy Bear." He laughed at the name and then I scooted closer to him and set my head on his chest. And that is how I fell asleep that night. Listening to the heartbeat of my true love.

|Present day|

While thinking back to that day I didn't realize I had laid back on the blanket and was looking at the stars. I looked over and realized that Braden was also on his back looking at the stars. I also realized our hands were intertwined together. I then looked at him and said, "Teddy Bear..." He laughed and then looked at me and said, "what is it my little Scar-Bear?" I laughed too and then I said what I had been afraid to admit to him the last three months. "I'm still in love with you Teddy Bear." He looked at me and pulled me closer and whispered in my ear, "I love you to my little Scar-Bear..."