18

|Braden's POV|

I was sitting in James' nursery, trying to get him to sleep. It isn't going so well. The triplets were at my one of my teammates, Henry's, house tonight. Henry absolutely adores the triplets. He treats them like they are his own. They have a lot of sleepovers at his house.

Anyway, I'm sitting here trying to get James to sleep, my phone keeps ringing. I'm trying to ignore it, but as I go to press ignore I see that it is Scarlett's brother. He never calls me unless it is important. I guess I better answer it. I swiped the screen and then put it up to my ear.

"Braden. It's Scarlett... she's been in an accident... in surgery... come to the hospital." He said in an alarmed voice and then hung up.

I stood there in shock letting his words sink in. No. This can't be happening. I need to get to her. I took James and put him in his car seat. I called Henry and started explaining what was happening in a rushed voice. I asked if it was okay if James stayed there tonight as well. He said it was okay and as soon as I heard that I hung up and grabbed James' diaper bag and him. As soon as he was secure in the car I jumped into the front seat and drove quickly to Henry's house.

I need to get to Scarlett. I pulled into Henry's driveway where Henry and his wife met me. I rolled down the window to talk to Henry as his wife got James and his things. "Are the triplets in bed?" I questioned looking at James' car seat and seeing he was asleep. I looked back up to Henry as he nodded. I smiled and said "thank you," before quickly backing out of his driveway and heading to the hospital.

As soon as I was on the road the speed went up to 5 past the speed limit. I have to get to her. I need to know that she is going to be okay.

As soon as I got to the hospital I took the first spot I saw. I did a horrible park job, but at this moment in time, I really don't care. I ran as fast as I could to the hospital lobby and ran to the lady at the check-in desk. I practically screamed at her when I spoke, demanding to know where Scarlett was. She gave me a look of pity and then typed things into her computer.

She looked back at me and mumbled, "Scarlett is not currently out of surgery, but you may go wait in the waiting room of that floor and wait with the rest of your family. She is on floor 7. I wish you the best Mr. Malm."

When she said that I almost stopped to correct her, but then she might not let me see Scarlett, so I ran to the stairs and took them two at a time. Here I come, Scarlett.

|Nile's POV|

I pulled into the hospital parking lot and went to take a spot, but a car that looked like it was parked by a kindergartener took half the space so I proceed to look for another spot. I eventually found one and parked. I then ran, without locking my car, all the way into the lobby. The receptionist looked up at me and rolled her eyes. Wow, the staff at this place is great. It took me a moment to catch my breath before I spoke to the receptionist. "Where is Scarlett Malm?" I spoke breathlessly.

She looked at me and with an annoyed voice and said, "I'm sorry. I can't disclose that information to non-family members."

Now it was my turn to be annoyed as I spoke, "but I am her family member. I'm her husband." After I said that she looked up at me wide-eyed and then mumbled, "I must have given the wrong person the info. I'm terribly sorry. Anyways. Scarlett Malm is still in surgery, but you may go to floor 7 and wait for them to finish the surgery with the rest of your family."

I nodded at her and then ran to the elevator. Here I come, Scarlett.