07

|Braden's POV|

After Scarlett left the reunion and I fought through the sea of paparazzi, I found Olivia and the kids and we left. On the way home, she kept questioning if Scarlett's triplets were mine. I just don't know how to explain it to her. They are, but I'll never be their parent. So I changed the subject as fast as I could.

As we were on our way home I was thinking about the picture of those triplets. They looked exactly like me except they had Scarlett's eyes. Those eyes. All I could think about and ask myself is, how could she not tell me? I mean, I know that I was an a** back then, but I don't think I deserved to have my children kept from me for the first six years of their lives. I'm so hurt. I have to talk to her, I need to be a part of their lives.

As soon as the idea popped into my head I set it in stone, I'm going to be in their lives. After deciding that I pull out my phone and pull up Facebook Messenger. I have her brother on there. I went to his profile and saw a picture of his family, including the triplets. Looking closely at the picture I can't believe I never put two and two together. I pulled up a chat with him: "Hey Brantley. It's been a while dude. I was just wondering if I could get your sister's number from ya?" I typed out. I know it's straight to the point, but I've already missed six years and I don't want to miss anymore then I have to.

|Later that night|

Olivia and I were getting ready for bed when I received a message back from Brantley: "Hey dude. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was with my wife and our daughter. Anyways, I know I probably shouldn't give it to you, but yeah I'll give you her number. Scarlett's number is 123-456-7890. Bye!"

Thank goodness he didn't ask too many questions. As soon as I had the phone number I put it in my phone under "Scarlett Malm" and I was about to call her, but decided it was too late and decided to wait until morning. Looking at the time I realized how tired I was and I set my phone on my glass bedside table. I laid my head down right as Olivia got into bed and I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

|The next morning|

I woke up to my very, very annoying alarm clock going off. I wanted to smash it so much! After I was awake I got out of bed and was careful so I didn't wake up Olivia. I walked into the bathroom and showered. It felt nice to wash off last night. I stayed in the shower for almost an hour and then I got out and dressed in basketball shorts. I didn't bother to put on a shirt because I planned on staying home all day.

I went downstairs and grabbed a coffee while turning on the TV, but then I remembered I need to call Scarlett so I turned the TV back off. Then I grabbed my iPhone from the kitchen counter and headed out to the balcony. 'Time to face my biggest fear,' I told myself as I pressed call on Scarlett's contact. "Here goes nothing," I whispered as I waited for her to pick up. 'Please pick up.' I prayed right as I heard the most beautiful voice come over the phone, "hello, who is this?"