15

|Scarlett's POV|

It has been a week. I haven't had a real conversation with Braden or Nile. I know I have to, but I just need time to figure out what I want and what is best for me. I have spent so much time focusing on what my children want and what Nile wants. I've been making everyone except for myself happy. In this situation, I need to make the best choice for everyone, and me choosing what makes me happy is the best choice.

Nile is staying with his parents. We both just need time to think and contemplate our next moves. These next steps won't be easy, but they need to be made. I think I know what I want, I just have to be 100% positive and happy with my decision before I make the final choice. I do have to admit, I love Nile, but I'm in love with Braden. I think the best thing for everyone is if I choose the one I'm in love with.

I cannot believe how much Braden coming back to Minnesota has messed with me. I was so sure of everything in my life before he came back, but he came and mixed everything up. I think he was meant to though. I just know that there is a reason behind all of this.

The triplets and Anna don't understand where Nile went and obviously, the twins don't realize what's going on. I just feel bad for putting them through this. The triplets have only ever known Nile as their dad and now they just think he up and left them, us. You think I could just be happy with my life, but clearly, I just enjoy making my life difficult.

|Nile's POV|

I have been staying at my parents' house since Braden came over and confessed his feelings for Scarlett a week ago. I still love her, but I just can't get over the fact she still has feelings for Braden. On the outside, I'm keeping it cool, but on the inside I'm pissed. How could she get married to me, have three kids with me, but still be in love with her ex-boyfriend? It just doesn't make any sense. We never had issues before he came back. Why'd he have to come back?

Right now I'm on my way to meet a friend from high school. They moved away to Texas right before graduation. They are in town on business and they messaged me asking to meet up. I'm excited to see them. It's been years.

|Braden's POV|

Radio silence. I've heard nothing from Scarlett since the night I confessed my feelings. Is she still deciding? Did she already choose Nile? I just want to know. The wait literally might kill me, but I'm giving her space to make her choice. I am willing to wait as long as it takes for her to come back to me.