13

|Scarlett's POV|

I dropped off Tatum and Dalton at school. Athena isn't feeling the best so I'm keeping her home today, but it's going to make today a little bit harder. I have to go grocery shopping so I'm taking two infants, a toddler, and a sick six-year-old. Yay! Once again, that was sarcasm.

Today Nile has the day off, but once again, Nile is out of the house. Even him watching Athena or Anna would help me tremendously.

I'm now sitting in the parking lot of the local supermarket with my head in my hands. I was gathering up the courage to take on the next 3 hours of torture. I'm really resenting Nile right now. God, he couldn't just take one?!

I kept shaking my head, but then I heard Athena laugh. I lifted my head and turned around to her. She was playing peek-a-boo with Skyla. I looked at Athena. God, she looks so much like Braden. I think that out of her and her brothers she looks the most like him. She has all of his features, every single one of them. Except for her eyes. Those are purely me.

I just stared at Athena, she's so beautiful. I was awoken from my dazed state by Athena waving her tiny hand in front of my face. Her face came into focus and I smiled at her and then got out of the car. I put on my baby carrier and then grabbed a shopping cart and put a blanket down in the part of the car where little kids sit.

I opened the van door and let Anna and Athena out. They stood patiently by the cart while I carefully put a very wild Grayson in the baby carrier and then laid a fast asleep Skyla down in the cart. She wiggled a little and then settled down.

I grabbed Anna and put her in the front basket of the cart and grasped Athena's tiny hand. No matter how torturing these next few hours are going to be, I'm spending time with my wonderful children and that's all that matters.

|2.5 hours later|

I just got back from the store. I put Anna in her room for some quiet time and I put Skyla and Grayson down for a nap in my room. I closed my bedroom door and walked downstairs. I peaked around the corner of the living room and saw Athena watching Spongebob on the couch snuggled under a blanket. I smiled and walked to the kitchen.

The tile is so cold underneath my bare feet. I shivered as I walked to the pantry and pulled out a box of Minion mac & cheese. I put some water in my brand new pan and put it on the stove to boil.

I leaned against the counter and squeezed my eyes closed. Today has been torturing, but I know that I need to be thankful for what I have. I'm just so mentally drained.

I stood leaning against the counter just breathing. "Inhale. Exhale. Repeat." I whispered to myself until I heard the water start boiling. I opened my eyes and turned to the boiling water. I poured the noodles in and then waited for them to finish boiling. I poured in the cheese packet and then made me and Athena a bowl.

I grabbed our bowls and walked into the living room only to find my little girl sleeping soundly. The scene in front of me was so beautiful. I stood there and just took this in. She's growing up so fast. I set the bowls of mac & cheese down and took out my phone.

I snapped a quick picture of my little girl and then grabbed my Mint-Green fuzzy blanket and laid on the couch. I slowly drifted into sleep thinking about heartless I am for keeping Braden from experiencing these moments.

|Nile's POV|

Today I was called into work really early because I got the promotion I've been working so hard towards. That's why I've been gone so much. I want to provide a more comfortable life for my family, but now that I have it I won't be gone as much.

I'm going to tell Scarlett tonight. I hope she forgives me for being so absent. I know that she has been so stressed lately. I hope I can make it up to her. I'm going to take her to dinner at her favorite restaurant and then take her where we went on our first date which also happens to be where I proposed to her.

|Later that night|

Scarlett's mom and dad are babysitting tonight and I have Scarlett's brother delivering a dress in her favorite color to her. I have every little detail planned out, crossing my fingers that is goes well.

|Scarlett's POV|

I put all the kids to bed and was writing down my lesson plans for the next few weeks when I heard a loud knock. That's weird. I'm not expecting anyone and it's almost nine o'clock. I opened the door and much to my surprise I found my brother on the other side with a Bright-Red box with a beautiful Black bow on top. I was about to say something when he handed me the box and walked away. Alrighty then.

I shut the door and then took the box into the living room. I set it on the coffee table and took the lid off. Inside the box was a magnificent Navy-Blue dress. I pulled it out and held it up to my body. It went to about mid-thigh length and was flowy. It is an amazing dress. I picked a note out of the box and read it.

"My Sexy Wife,

Please put this on and be ready by 9:00. I'm taking you out. See you soon! Love you! ;)"

I finished reading it and the biggest grin grew on my face. He is finally starting to act like the person I married and I couldn't be happier.