19

|Braden's POV|

I ran up every single flight of stairs all the way to the 7th floor. I opened the door connecting the stairs to the 7th floor and walked into the waiting room. All of Scarlett's family members who were here looked up at me. They all looked at me like they've seen a ghost, everyone except Brantley. Scarlett's mom was the first to react. She grimaced at my presence as she walked to me.

"What are you doing here?" She sneered at me, I refuse to stoop to her level. I looked her in the eyes and spoke. "I'm here because the mother of my children has been in a car accident and I love her and want to make sure she is okay." When I said 'my children' she gave me the dirtiest look ever. If looks could kill I'd be 6 feet under.

She glared at me and then started yelling, "they're not your children! You haven't been in their lives at all! You left their mom when she needed you." She was now in tears.

I looked at her with sympathy and then calmly spoke, "I am not responsible for me not being there. Scarlett made that choice for me, but I forgive her and love her. I just want her to be okay, can we please just focus on Scarlett?"

Her mom nodded right as I heard the elevator ding and the doors open. I turned around and saw that Nile was walking off the elevator and as soon as he saw me you could literally see his face drop. Here we go again, yay.

A fire burned behind his eyes as he walked towards me. "What are you doing here?" He said in a quiet voice so Scarlett's family couldn't hear.

I smirked at him. "I was asked to come," I admitted in a normal tone because I didn't care if her family overheard.

"Oh really? By who?" He said crossing his arms and smiling smugly.

It was my turn to be smug as I responded, "by Brantley."

Nile went rigid as he looked over to Brantley, "Why would you invite him here Brantley?"