17

|Scarlett's POV|

I pulled up to the house that held the one who held my heart. I walked up to the door and Nile's mom answered the door. She smiled at me and greeted me. I smiled back and got down to business. "Wendy, hi, is Nile here?"

"No, he's not. He went out with his friend, Rebekah, from high school. He was supposed to be home about 2 hours ago. He said he invited you to go with them." She returned nervously, fiddling with the doorknob.

I looked at her with a confused look. I've never heard him mention a Rebekah before. A realization crossed my brain and I spoke. "Thank you. I need to go." Then I ran, but as I ran away Wendy yelled at me.

"Remember that he loves you," was the last thing I heard before I got into the car. I can't believe that he is cheating. We're only taking a break. We aren't divorced. I cannot believe that Nile is that type of person. I can't and I won't.

I need to go to him. I need to know, I have to. I pulled out my phone and went to Nile's contact. Nile and I have iPhones and we share our location with each other. I look and I see that he is at a hotel downtown. I pull up directions to the hotel and begin driving. I literally drive like a maniac. I drive through every red light. I don't care, I just need to know.

*Crash*

|Nile's POV|

Rebekah and I were making out on her bed when my phone began to ring. The kids were with a babysitter tonight so I needed to answer it. I pulled away from Rebekah and looked at the caller ID. It was the hospital. Oh no.

A million scenarios raced through my head as I answered the phone and put it to my ear. "Hello," I said reluctantly.

"Hello sir, is this Nile Malm? Husband of Mrs. Scarlett Malm." The person on the other line said in a very monotone voice. Almost like they were bored.

I gulped and the stammered out, "this is Nile Malm. Is someone injured?"

"Sir, your wife was in an accident..."

I tunned everything else they had to say out. No, this can't be happening. Breathe, breathe. I turned off my phone and looked at Rebekah. Then, without a word, I ran out of the room. I need to get to Scarlett.