03

|Scarlett's POV|

I just got back to my apartment from the doctor's office. I still can't believe I'm having triplets. Braden's triplets. I don't know if I can tell him. He wanted freedom. This will take that away and I don't think I can do that to him. I can and will do this on my own. I have to. I'm not going to hold him back. I refuse to be the reason he is unhappy. I sat on my couch and turned on Netflix.

After watching Gossip Girl for a little bit I realized it was eleven o'clock in the morning so I pulled out my phone and called my mom. I am going to tell them I'm pregnant at lunch today. I don't know how they're going to take it. My parents have always been against sex before marriage. They're very old-fashioned. I hope they are supportive and don't hate me.

Anyways, my mom's phone went to voicemail so I sat down and looked at the photos of my little aliens. How could I not know I was pregnant for ten weeks? How could I not have noticed the signs? How could I not have realized I hadn't had my period in two months? I just don't understand it. How? I grabbed a pamphlet on my way out of the doctor's office yesterday. It is about the stories of girls who didn't know they were pregnant. It says that not knowing you're pregnant, especially with multiples, is really, really rare. It doesn't make any sense. Maybe this is a sign I won't be a good mother. I started crying at that thought.

After thinking and crying for I don't know how long, my phone started to ring. "Mom" is what I read as soon as I looked at my phone. As soon as I saw it was her I answered. "Hi sweetie!" She said cheerfully. "Hi, mama!" I said sniffling in return. "Honey, I think... we should eat at... Fuddruckers. They don't have one in Minnesota anymore and I've been craving their burgers." She said so fast it was somewhat hard to understand what she was saying. All I heard was Fuddruckers and I was in. "Okay, mom. Can you guys come pick me up, so that we don't waste gas?" "We'd be delighted! Anywho, I love you and we will be there at 12:30 pm to pick you up!" "Love you too!" I said and then hung up. It is 11:39 AM so I have time to watch another episode of Gossip Girl and mentally prepare myself to tell my family.

(A/N: Fuddruckers is a real restaurant.)

I was finished with my episode so I went to my room to grab my coat. I stopped in the mirror and turned to the side to look at my stomach and I noticed my stomach has gotten slightly bigger. It's the beginning of my little baby bump.

Looking back at my symptoms over the last ten weeks. I have thrown up, but I just blamed it on food. I have been gaining weight, but I stopped working out because of finals, so I blamed it on that. The period thing... I don't know how I didn't notice that. I have also had weird cravings too. Like, one night I suddenly wanted Cheese Puffs and Nutella... together. How could I not have noticed? I feel like a terrible mom and my kids haven't even been born yet. I started to cry again right as my phone went off.

My mom texted me saying that they were here. I grabbed my purse, made sure the ultrasound was in there, then I headed downstairs. On my way out I said bye to the doorman, Bruce. Once I saw my mom's blue Ford truck I hurried and jumped into the back with Brantley.

|Lunch|

After we ordered we sat at the table that looks like a bed. My parents went, once they called my name, to get our food, silverware, and the condiments. While they went to get all of that I started to catch up with my little brother. After a while of talking to Brantley, I realized just how much I missed my little brother. I really wish I still lived in Minnesota.

When my parents go back to the table we started to eat and talk.

B: Brantley

S: Scarlett

M: Their mom

D: Their dad

S: "So, what is going on with you Brantley?"

B: "I am doing good in school, I have a 3.8 GPA. Football is good. And I have a new girlfriend."

S: "Really? What's her name? Is she sweet? Does she treat you right?"

B: "Yes, really and the answer to all those questions are yes. Her name is Jade. She is a cheerleader. Anyways, enough about me. How is life? When did you and Braden break up?"

S: "Actually, it was right before Braden left for Wisconsin. It was probably for the best. I mean don't know if we could have made the long distance work. I have some other news though..."

M: "Well? What is the news?"

S: "I'm pregnant."

D: "Is..."

S: "Yes. Braden is the father. But I' not going to tell him. He said he wanted freedom so I'm not going to tie him down with babies."

M: "Wait. Did you say, babies?"

S: "Yes. I'm 10 weeks and 6 days pregnant with triplets."

M: "I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA! Wait. Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

S: "I just found out today. That is the doctor's appointment I had today."

After I said that they all congratulated me and then we group hugged and celebrated with ice cream. I love my family! I'm so relieved they don't hate me.