A Typical, Ordinary, Not Life Threatening Day

{Editing This Whole Book} Chapter will be labeled {Edited}.

{EDITED}

[A/N] Hello! I'm back! I took a long hiatus, I'm talking around a year, but I finally came back and decided to edit and rewrite this book. I changed a bit and it's a lot different, so if you're a returning reader, welcome! If you're a new reader, my grammar was awful and this was much needed. Lots of love! 

-Lizzy.

[A/N 2.] Around two years later, I am back on this book and editing it. I recently changed the cover of the book, let me know what you guys think of the new cover. Hope you enjoy Ice Fever, and thank you guys for keeping this book alive even years later. Much love.

-Liz

I opened the door into the bank , and sluggishly wandered towards my office. I had been in charge of counseling and investment for as long as I could remember. It felt like ages since I had done something else besides math.

 I slid into my desk and opened my briefcase, which consisted of a pencil and notepad. It was another boring Monday. I would sit down at my desk, pretend that I'm doing work and help people who had way too much money spend it on ridiculous investments that wouldn't benefit the world. 

We've gotten a women who was a millionaire who came in and asked if she could buy a tampon company, because she "felt like it." Those were the kind of idiots we got in our bank. I would typically deal with these customers in one of two ways. The first way being help them make their investments and go to sleep wondering what I'm doing with my life, the other being help them make their investment and wonder what they're doing with their life. 

Today was different. I didn't feel as spaced out as usual. Lucky for me, a man walked into the practically empty bank and looked around. Another customer. He looked normal enough, he was wearing a black shirt covered by a thick black leather jacket. He scanned the whole bank and finally his eyes rested on my office. His eyes were a vibrant blue that drew you in. I couldn't help but hold my breath and imagine eighteen different scenarios. Would he be a mysterious lover? Would he be the dashing young man who approached me in the bank and asked me out, and then eventually we got married and had kids? I'm thinking a million miles a minute. His blue eyes connected with my hazel and it felt like electricity had just hit me in the heart, making it speed up. He walked over and knocked politely on my door. 

My first reaction was to push everything off my desk and look at him suggestively. I withstood that urge. "You can come in." I said softly. I started speedily tapping my fingers on the couch. 

I had a bad feeling about my mysterious man even though I was drawn to him.  He walked in and sat down on the chair opposite of me and smiled. "So, what do you need?" I asked, avoiding eye contact.

"I need some advice, on banks." He asked. Well, he was in a bank it was a valid question.

"Ask away."

"How do you rob a bank with a minimum amount of casualties?" He said bluntly. In that split second my eighteen scenarios disappeared and one hundred more replaced them. I couldn't possibly twist that romantically.

It took me a second and half to comprehend what he was saying before I reacted. I took the pencil sharpener laying on my desk and threw it at him. The pencil sharpener, which hadn't been connected to an outlet, went soaring straight into his stomach. He doubled over in pain before standing up and glaring at me. Not so sexy now. He quickly shot out and grabbed my wrist, twisting it backwards and behind me before I could react again.