Chapter 7

"The bad guys lie to get in your pants, the good guys lie to get into your heart" - Unknown

Patrick's P.O.V

It's Friday night and I decide to text Taylor and tell her that I've finished my section and if she wants she can come over if she's finished or I can help her finish her section.

Me: I've finished my section. I was wondering if you'd finished and if you have then when can you come over to help me put it together?

I get a reply instantly.

Taylor: I've finished it so I could come round now. The quicker we get it done the better!!

Me: Sure the front doors unlocked so just come in when you get here. I'll be on the sofa.

Taylor: I'll be there in 10 minutes.

I look at the clock and it's 6pm. I open my photo gallery and look at the snaps I got of the girl and Jake. I decide not to tell her as she can figure it out on her own.

I hear the door open and I lock my phone and place it on the table. I see her as she enters.

Taylor's P.O.V

I get into the car after getting the text from Patrick. He's calmed down a lot since the last time we saw each other and was in the same house as one another.

I drive off and head into the direction of Patrick's house. Again.

There isn't a party tonight at Jake's and I don't know why. He hasn't really talked to me since the party but I'm not worried as he doesn't really text me much unless he wants to come over or he needs to ask me something of if there's a party.

I drive down the long narrow lanes that lead to the small town that used to mean so much to me. But now seems just like a town that's become depressed and not full of life. In summer neighbour's used to go round to each others houses and be happy and full of smiles. Cafe's used to be open all day for neighbours in the winter and the streets were full of people smiling and laughing and going about their daily business. But now there's hardly anyone out and children are all inside playing on their game consoles. The town has turned into a dull white picture. I keep thinking about something he said. 'the front doors unlocked so just come in when you get here....' he used to say that to me all the time when we were younger. If I texted him he'd say it if I was coming over or if we met before we went home after school we'd arrange to come to mine or his and he'd say the exact same thing.

As my mind drifts through memory lane I arrive at his house. I get out and walk to the front door. I go to knock but I remember the words that have been replaying in my mind the whole way here and I grab the handle that's cold under my touch from the cold winter air and slowly turn it to be faced with a gush of warm air. I walk in and see Patrick sitting on the sofa exactly where he said he'd be. He may be a complete prick at times but he is a man of his word.

"Hi" I say standing shyly in the entrance. He walks towards me and takes my coat from my hands.

"Hi" he says back as he puts my coat, hat and gloves on the coat rack next to the front door and then looks at me with those green eyes.

"Shall we?" he asks looking directly into my eyes. I look at him disgusted thinking he means something else and he shakes his head reading into my frowned expression. "Oh don't worry I don't mean....I mean the.....I mean the assignment" he says getting flustered and a small smile creeps onto my lips like it used to do when he would make me beam with pride or giggle with laughter.

"Oh sorry it's my fault I know what you mean now. Yes we shall" I give him a small but shaky smile but he doesn't question it and leads the way to his room.