Chapter 22

Patricks P.O.V

For the next week I lie there with her on that small hospital bed wondering when or if she will ever be able to be awoken. The doctors have kept the information scarce and since no parents are present they can't give out all of her information  since were not family. But were the best family she will ever get and ever has got.

My mum has come and gone throughout the last week checking up on me and Taylor - mainly me. Giving me earache by the time she'd gone about me coming home and getting some sleep, saying that she 'missed me'. But I refused every time until she eventually gave up. Her visits are mainly just short chat now since she understands that no matter how much she nags i will not comply.

Mark has long gone home popping back in everyday but leaving when visiting hours are over. Me on the other hand has been allowed to stay in the hospital taking showers and getting clean clothes every few days - curtesy of my mums visits.

Taylors mum hasn't even bothered coming to see her daughter neither has any other family members of hers. I heard from Mark that instead of coming to be by Taylor's side she's off trying to get 'him' out of jail.

I'm lieing on Taylor's bed as she sleeps peacefully, it's a beautiful day outside but it seems cold and dark in here - or maybe its because the lights aren't on; when the door opens slowly as I look up to greet the nurse who's been looking after Taylor since the start.

"There's a young man here at the front desk claiming to me Taylor's boyfriend" she tells me as I sit up properly. My eyebrows furrow and I can't help but frown.

"I'm her boyfriend!" I say with slight annoyance.

"He says his name is Jake" realisation hits me like a brick.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I ask and she frowns but remains calm.

"He says he isn't looking for a fight or anything he just wants a chat. He just wants to check up on Taylor that's all. If you like I could send someone in or keep them outside so if you need him removed then you can just say?" I think for a moment. Maybe he just wants to make peace but maybe he doesn't maybe he's here to blame me or to punish me for taking Taylor of him. Who knows.

I nod and she smiles a small smile glad I made a decision. She leaves the door ajar and goes to get him. My bum stays where it is right beside Taylor and it won't be going knowhere in the mean time.

A moment later he arrives at the door, looking calm and collected. Until he sees her. I watch as he enters the room; the nurse nodding at me then silently closing the door. He takes small steps not taking his eyes off of her, I don't blame him because I mean...look at her.

"What happened?" He finally says and looks up towards me, remorse in his eyes.

"Her mums boyfriend almost beat her to death, and it's not the first time" He can sense my anger as he walks away and sits in the chair opposite the bed waiting for me to calm down and carry on.

He nods then opens his mouth but then closes it again; looking back at her once more.

"How come there's so many..." I cut him off before he has time to answer knowing what he's going to say.

"...bruises. Ye he's been doing it for a while, she has years worth of bruises, scrapes, broken bones and endless other injuries. There's that many that the doctors thought she used to be or is a boxer of some sort" I can see him taking in the extra information and he stares off in the distance for a while.

"You know I don't blame you for sleeping with her" he suddenly comes out with. I look up and he looks into my eyes. "It takes guts to take her off someone like me. But yet I can't believe you did it. I'm impressed but a little jealous"

"Well it doesn't really matter that she cheated on you because you cheated on her first with that girl who you paired up with for that assignment" he looks at me like I've died and come back from the dead right in front of him.

"How do you know about her?, how do you know about us?" I smile and put my feet back onto Taylor's bed.

"Don't play innocent Jake I saw her come out of your room that night when you had that party. The same night I had Taylor in my arms after she'd drunk lots and was too drunk to stop herself. So was I but it didn't matter because I could feel the love she gave when she made love to me and you must be so lucky to get that but then you throw it all away for some little whore who shags most of the guys in our year" He flinches at my words and for the first time I feel confident.

"Because you know Jake eventhough her mum's boyfriend caused her physical pain, you were the one who caused her mental pain. Do you know how many times I had her coming to my door crying in my arms because of you and what you've done and I had to fix another man's girlfriend and make another guys wrongs into rights and THEN you want to know what she did after I consoled her" he flinches as I raise my voice slightly. My confidence remaining strong. He looks towards the floor not making eye contact. "She'd go running back to you, do you know why Jake?" I ask getting off the bed. He shakes his head and anger boils inside of me.

"c'mon Jake your not normally speechless, why did she come crawling back to you? Go on you tell me Jake" I start getting closer until I'm near his face. I pull his head up by his hair and he squirms but my grip is firm. I look into his eyes and he for the first time looks....scared.

"TELL ME" I practically shout in his face as he trembles.  He doesn't say a word but just shakes his head. I laugh in his face and then steady myself for the final blow from my speech.

"You know why. Because she LOVED YOU!" He flinches and he gets up almost knocking me over.

"Don't ever come back Jake and I don't ever want to see your face here or at school again if I come one way down the corridor you go the other way. Got it?" He nods his head and I cup my hand around my ear pretending like I didn't hear or see his gesture.

"Yes" He says and then walks out of the room. I shake my head and as the anger cools down its replaced by self pitty and depression. I turn back to look at her and she looks so peacefull. Just wait until I have to explain this to Mark and most of all...Taylor.....

******************************************

Sorry I didn't post last week Wattpad deleted my work for this chapter and i got a bit annoyed at it and I can't write at my best when I'm mad or upset so I waited. I made this chapter longer than normal to try and accommodate for the lost chapter last week. I might update the next chapter either tomorrow or Monday hopefully.

Thanks for being patient and please vote and comment if you like it. Don't forget to check out my other book "The rich boys girl" a sequel is coming up soon after I have written and completed this one so stay reading to find out more about that.

Thanks,

Brandan (A.K.A Louise) xx