Chapter 17

Taylor's P.O.V

I stare bewildered at his sudden question.

"When was you going to tell me......" what a question to ask straight out but I guess I deserve the question. I must look a mess right now but Patrick doesn't seem to treat me any different than with my make-up on.

"Tell you what?" I ask as I keep my gaze fixed on a small spot engraved into the tarmac.

"You know what. Have you seen the damage you have on your face" he asks and I nod my head very slowly.

"Then how did you get it?"

"I can't tell you" I whisper as I feel tears brimming in my already sore and irritated eyes. He doesn't push it further and I feel the car unlock behind me.

"What are you doing?" I ask standing up as he opens the passenger door.

"Get in" he instructs but he doesn't say it nicely he says it with one of those expression that parents always have on their faces when there mad.

I don't protest and get into the car. He slams the door shut behind me and get's into the drivers side. I turn to look out of the window at the party still going on. But after a few minutes of still being stationary I turn to look back at a very confused Patrick with the key still in his hands.

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot to mention the ignition isn't next to the steering wheel" I say pointing to the centre console where a small key shape hole with the words "Ignition" engraved into the solid silver metal.

He nods his head, then pushes the key, then turns it and the car roars to life. I never thought that this car would be so strange to him or that he wouldn't be able to start it.

Once he get's the car going he drives towards my house. The familiar winding roads are like de ja vu all over again. He doesn't say a word to me throughout the whole of the journey and I'm scared about him asking anymore questions and I'm becoming uncomfortable around him but thankfully he pulls up in front of my house just in time.

As usual no ones home, my mums either at work as she's got three jobs and her boyfriend is probably getting drunk again. Great.

He hasn't hit me or abused me since the last time when he raped me but it doesn't mean that he wont do it again. Everytime I walk home and walk through the front door as I never know what could greet me when I walk into the house.

He stops as I turn from looking out of the window at the house and he turns to look at me.

"Will you tell me what's happened. Why have you got those bruises? It's not like I haven't noticed them before. When we....you know the second time I saw them down your legs but I didn't want to say anything  as I figured you'd tell me if anything was up, But I need to know Taylor. Did Jake do this to you?" he says putting his hand up to my face where my bruise is visibly noticeable. I haven't had time to re-do my make-up.

"No he didn't and it's none of your business, ok. There's nothing wrong and no one's done this to me. I promise. I just fall a lot and I got this on my face because my..." I pause for a brief moment trying to form the sentence. "....my mum's boyfriend accidently hit me when he got angry. He said sorry he didn't mean it though"

"Are you sure?" he asks; his eyes full of concern. I fight back the urge to cry and break down and tell him everything as I turn away from him and pull the door of my car open. As I'm about to leave I here him ask one last question "What's your mum's boyfriends name?" I don't understand why he'd ask but I think about it anyway. The last time I heard my mum say anything about his name was when I walked past their bedroom and I'm not going into detail but I heard her say "oh John" but in a really moany tone which I shall not repeat. I tell him and he nods then he asks me about the car, I tell him he can take the car to get him home and that I'd drive his car back to his house tomorrow. He nods but tries calling after me. I don't look back as I enter the house and feel the tears brimming in my eyes. Why can't I tell him? I check to make sure he does leave and drives back home and eventually he does once he works out how to get it going again.

I walk to my room and check that no one's in the house and it's clear. The house is awfully peacefull and I decide to take a nap as the tears fall down my face. I enjoy the peace for a change.

Little did I know that the silence was a warning of the silent screams later to come and that the silence was the last silence I'd hear for a long time.....