Chapter 17 The Deal

Chapter 17

                                                                                            The Deal

It had been a total of three months since Night Raider or Grace Darby had escaped the Nemesis with the help of the strange mute known as Annabeth. Since then, she had done her best to get re-acclimated to life with the Autobots. This included participating in a number of different activities some including when she and Miko had gone to the mall, when she had returned to her job as a Scientist along with helping the bots look for Optimus.

All in all the past few months had been overly uneventful. No sign of Optimus and no word from the young human that now accompanied him. Well, that was until a few days ago. Night Raider, per Ratchet's request, had been looking through some video footage taken from the local traffic cameras when she spotted a very familiar Blue and Red semi on screen. She first noted that it had been driving very slowly as though it's driver was looking for something or perhaps it was lost. The second thing she noted was the lack of said driver.

Excited, Night Raider quickly saved the file and showed it to Ratchet whom was just as excited as she was. This was the first real lead they had to Optimus in months! And by golly they weren't going to let it slip through their servos! Almost immediately Ratchet contacted Arcee, Bumble Bee, and Bulkhead and put them in route to investigate the area where Optimus had last been sighted. In the mean time Night Raider was sent to collect Jack, Miko, and Raf from school.

Once she arrived at the High School she waited and waited until finally the bell rang. But still the three had not exited. Getting out of her car Night Raider began to walk towards the school when she saw her! It was that girl! The one with Optimus! She was staring at the road seemingly lost in thought as she stood in front of the school dressed warmly in a dark blue zip up hoodie, jeans, a pair of black boots, knapsack on her shoulder and those same glasses on her face waiting for her ride.

"Hey you!" called NightRaider as she quickly moved over to the girl. "You're her! The girl that left that tablet for me!"

The girl only stared back behind her glasses showing no visible recognition of the one before her.

"You remember me don't you?" asked Night Raider. The girl tensed at the word 'remember' and looked away again as though something were troubling her. "Are you alright?" asked Night raider "Why don't you answer? I know you can. You spoke to me once before remember?"

She looked at Night Raider again and nodded signaling she remembered, but nothing more. She simply stared back behind those dark empty lenses.

"Are you not going to say anything?" asked Night Raider. The only reply she got was a shake of the head.

"Why not?" she asked. To which the girl pointed to her covered eyes and back to Night Raiders own optics. "You're being watched?" she asked at a whisper. To which the girl gave only the slightest twitch to signal a yes. "Soundwave?" A frown signaling no.

"I see..." replied Nightraider.

"Grace!" called Jack as he exited the school

"AB!" exclaimed Miko coming over and glomping the girl.

"AB?" asked Night Raider.

"Yeah, this is Annabeth. She's a new student here at school. She's only been here a few months actually" replied Raf with a smile. "Grace this is Annabeth and Annabeth this is Grace!"