Chapter Nine

Please read, comment, and vote.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rouge's POV

Sting and I had arrived at the guild, after getting our exceeds. Sting didn't want to leave the girl, and he wanted to fight her, and win, and after she lost, had wanted her to tell us how our exceeds could learn magic. But I had to force him away, because he would cause a ruckus, and Master would get mad at us. Even so, I had told Master about the girl beating Sting, and he had gotten mad at us for losing to someone. Master was now shouting at us, while Minerva watched on with beady eyes.

"Why did you lose to a girl? Are you guys really this weak?" His lecturing voice went on and on, while Minerva watched, ready to attack us, when Master said she could. Everyone in the guild was watching, and forty five minutes had passed, before we heard someone kick open the door.

I immediately smelled the scent of different animals, and the sky, and I realized it was the girl who had beaten Sting, and her exceed was with her. I sensed Sting tense up, ready to attack if she did anything. Everyone in the guild turned to face the her, and her voice suddenly rang through the room.

"Stop lecturing them, Uncle J. I could hear your voice a mile away, that's how I found the guild," she mumbled, but I heard it.  "It's not really their fault, they won't ever be able to beat me." Her voice twinkled, and it sounded like she was laughing. Everyone in the guild flinched, ready to jump away from an angry Master Jiemma, but instead he just let out a booming laugh.

"I didn't know it was you, Lucy. They would never have a chance against you. It's nice having you visit." He announced, as I watched everyone's expression turn to shock. I, myself, was shocked, but I managed to keep my face calm.

"Lucy!" Minerva yelled, as she dragged out each letter, and jumped from the stage, and ran to Lucy, and hugged her.

"Minmin!" She yelled back, hugging Minerva, and everyone's jaw dropped, seeing how Minerva had let someone hug her, and how Minerva had hugged someone. Lucy and Minerva let go of each other, and they walked side by side.

What was the most shocking was the "Minmin" though. If anyone else had dared to call her that, even Master Jiemma, they would have been beaten to an inch of their lives. 

She walked up to Master Jiemma, and bowed, before jumping up, and wrapping him in an embrace. I turned to look at Sting, and saw his soul was already leaving his body, and I had to stifle a laugh.

"Let's go talk in my office." Master Jiemma said to Lucy, and Minerva, before walking up the stairs, and they followed him.