Chapter Nineteen

Vote if you enjoy! Sorry I haven't updated in so long!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

Chapter Nineteen

Lucy's POV

As the arena gained light again, the crowd and all the other teams, except Mermaid Heel and me, were in shock while Yukino slowly fell to her knees.

"Unsheathed!" Everyone whispered around, shocked Kagura had beat the thirteenth gate without drawing her blade, while her teammates stated that they didn't want Kagura to ever unsheath her sword.

I glanced at the Sabertooth balcony wanting to see what their reaction would be to a teammate losing. I watched as Sting gritted his teeth, and I heard his heartbeat rise. I turned toward Minmin who was shaking her head.

"What are you thinking about Minmin?" I asked her, as I glanced worriedly at the arena.

"I can't believe that she bet her life and lost the match. Father will be much angrier because she bet her life, if it had been anything else she bet, her excommunication later wouldn't be so bad." Minerva said as she shook her head sadly, probably thinking about the humiliation my uncle would put Yukino through.

"Don't worry about it Minmin. I'll talk to Uncle." I reassured her as I watched as Yukino bowed her head to Kagura.

"I don't believe it." Yukino whispered beneath her breath, and I glanced around the stadium, trying to see if anyone else had picked up on it, as I had barely picked it up with my enhanced hearing.

"You made a cheap bet," Kagura stated coldly, narrowing her eyes. She finished the statement with, "Sometimes mermaids eat tigers." Which made me smile softly, as I liked Kagura's attitude.

"The match is over," The announcer stuttered, still in shock over what happened. "The winner is Kagura Mikazuchi of Mermaid Heel."

As Kagura walked away from Yukino, the crowd started cheering wildly for her victory. I watched on as Yukino seemed to finally register that she lost.

"I lost," She whimpered, "Sabertooth lost."

When Kagura reached the beginning of the tunnel that would take her to Mermaid Heel's balcony, she paused, "Your life, your life belongs to me. Understand?" She told Yukino in a cold tone.

"Yes." Yukino managed to stutter out as she laid on the floor of the arena. "As you say." She finished.