Chapter Twenty-One

Please read, vote, and comment. Sorry I haven't updated for such a long time.

 This is what Lucy looks like normally again. The pic doesn't belong to me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal POV

That night after Lucy had given her keys to Yukino, she was resting on her bed. Her hand was covering her eyes, out of exhaustion, when she felt someone appear next to her. She sensed that it was Loke, and he didn't say anything before moving her hand from her face, so he could look at her. 

"Why did you do that? Why did you give our keys to Yukino?" Loke questioned, terrified that she didn't want them anymore. 

"It's not what you think, Loke. I love you guys, you know that right? Uncle J was about excommunicate her ,and Stardust had a vision warning against letting Yukino go." Lucy said, as she leaned into Loke tiredly. 

Loke's POV

As Lucy leaned into me, I embraced her tightly, never wanting to let her go. She looked mentally exhausted from the day's events of helping Yukino and promising to participate in the Grand Magic Games. I brushed her hair, wanting to help her relax, as I whispered in her ears, "I know you love us. It's just the other spirits are sad that you were willing to give their keys away." 

She turned to face me and circled her arms around me, as if she were seeking physical comfort. I blushed, but I knew that she was just hugging me as a friend. "I would never want to just give them away" she said fiercely. "I love them and I know that Yukino will treat them right. If anyone ever treated them wrong, I would go and take their keys back." 

I hugged her tighter, glad that she had taken me from my abusive owner, even if she had no knowledge of how she came to possess my key. I wanted her to say, I love you, Loke, only you, but her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "I still have a copy of their keys, but the other copy should go into the world, so they can do some good. This isn't just a chance for them to explore and help the world, this is also for Yukino. Yukino needs them to help her self-confidence and they'll be the friends that Yukino needs to get through this world," Lucy murmured as she started to fall asleep. 

I hugged her tightly as I felt her shoulders relax, as if all the tension left her. I brushed her hair behind her ears, to look at her silver earrings, her choker, and her bracelet on her right arm. These were just a few of her limiters that we, the zodiac, had made for her so her power wouldn't overwhelm anyone. 

As I appreciated her beauty, I heard light footsteps. I turned to the door and saw Stardust gazing at us. She looked at me and then at Lucy in my arms. She gave a small smile at her relaxed that Lucy looked, before she realized that I was a guy. She gave a small growl before flying over to us. "Put her down, she needs her rest." 

I nodded, not wanting to fight with Stardust and wake Lucy. I slid off the bed before placing Lucy gently on the bed and covering her with the blanket. I walked with Stardust into the living room where Minerva was waiting for us. 

"Is Lucy okay?" She questioned. "Lucy came here right after the meeting and collapsed into her bed." 

"She seemed like she was seeking physical contact," I mumbled, not wanting to see Stardust and Minerva glaring at me after I said that.

"Well, with Acnologia, she always slept under his wing, and when we were with Romian, although I was the only one that slept on her bed, she was surrounded by everyone everyday and they always wrestled or hugged. There was just always physical contact," Stardust explained. "Ever since we got here, there just hasn't been as much physical contact and she's usually okay with that, but today was just really tiring for her." 

I nodded, proud of myself. Proud that I had managed to give her what she wanted, even if it was just for a moment. "Well, don't worry, I'll make sure she gets plenty of physical contact," Minerva grinned evilly. .

"You better not do anything that puts her in danger," Stardust commanded, not realizing what Minerva had planned. I glared at Minerva, not wanting to see Lucy with any other guys. 

"You know I would never actually do anything that could hurt Lucy," Minerva retorted, her eyes growing dark in anger. 

"Guys, guys, come down. I'm not happy with what you said either Minerva, but let's not argue and wake Lucy up." I waved my hands. When they both nodded in agreement,  I said, "Then I'll take my leave back to the spirit world," as I disappeared in a shower of sparks. 

Normal POV

As Loke appeared in his room in the celestial world, all of the spirits crowded into his room. "Why did I let all of you guys into my house again?" He grumbled under his breath. 

"Well, what did she say?" Aquarius demanded, about to attack Loke, but Scorpio pulled her back.

"Well, she's exhausted, thank you for asking," Loke answered sarcastically. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down before answering. "She said that she loved all of you guys and that she would never let any harm come to you guys. And that this is a chance for you guys to use your powers to make an impact on the world and a chance for you guys to explore. That she didn't want to give you back, but there were extenuating circumstances and this is also to insure Yukino doesn't come to any harm." Loke let out a sigh, as he leaned into the chair.

"You know, she's right though." Loke answered, as he looked somberly at all the zodiac spirits gathered in his room. "I know we're all attached to her, but when was the last time she called any of us out for a fight? She's become so powerful that she has no need for us anymore, but she's always taken care of us and let us out to play. Lucy will always have access to us, as she has the copy of our keys just for her. You guys should use this chance to make her proud. Besides, how does Yukino treat you guys?" He pointed the last part of his speech to Pisces and Libra.

"She's never harmed us, and she never makes us put ourselves into danger to protect her. It's always our own choice." Libra answered, as Aquarius let out a tch. 

"Fine, but that doesn't mean I forgive her," Aquarius answered, as she floated aggressively out of the room, with her tail waving back and forth. The rest of the spirits nodded at Loke, before making their way out of my room.

Loke slowly closed his eyes and leaned back into his chair, which changed into a king-sized bed, as his mind filled with thoughts of Lucy, and how he could help her.