Chapter Fifteen

Everyone enjoy the new chapter. Please comment and vote if you like it. Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

Sting's POV

Today was the second day of the Grand Magic Games and I wanted to participate in something, either a battle or an event, to show off in front of Lucy. Rogue, Yukino, Orga, Rufus, and I were all on our balcony when Mato, the pumpkin guy, announced the event of the day, Chariot.

"I'll go." I announced to my team, and Rogue shoot me a look, and I nodded, confident I would be able to do it. I jumped down from our balcony when Mato announced who in each guild was participating.

"From Mermaid Heel we have Risley Law." This got people to cheer, and he started to announced the rest of the participants. "From Quatro Cerberus we have Bacchus Groh. From Fairy Tail A we have Natsu Dragneel, and joining him from Fairy Tail B is Gajeel Redfox. From Ravel Tail, Kurohebi. From Lamia Scale is Yuka Suzuki and from Blue Pegasus is Ichiya Kotobuki. Finally from our number one guild, Sabertooth, we have one of the Twin Dragons, Sting Eucliffe." Every name that was called gained some applause, but it was my name that had the crowd on their feet cheering and screaming.

I was smirking at my fangirls that caused them to melt, and faint, but when Mato explained what the event was I felt horror and shock. I knew that if I didn't do well Master Jiemma would be angry. No, not angry, furious, but how could I do well. I get motion sickness, and Chariot was were we ran on top of connected chariots that are moving from one end of Crocus to the arena.

Suddenly, I felt something appear into my hand, and I opened it to see a pill that was the one that Lucy feed me on the train to help with motion sickness. I blushed at the thought of the memory, of my head on her lap, but I cleared my thoughts to focus on the event. The pill drew my attention when it changed color, and a note appeared. I read the note which read, "This is for you. I hope you do well, and you can't if you're sick, right? Anyway, eat the pill, it'll wear off in a day, so don't worry about motion sickness." -Lucy

I ate the pill, and didn't feel anything different, but I knew it would work. I turned to smile at Lucy, but she didn't look at me, until Minerva nudged her, and told Lucy what was going on. I then realized that the spell that allowed her to see had worn off, and that Minerva had to explain to her what was going on.

"Sting is smiling at you, Lulu. I bet that he likes you at well. Soon you'll have everyone under your clutches." I overheard Minerva with my dragon slayer hearing, but I growled at the thought of Lucy ever ending up with someone else. I decided to forget it for now, and instead focus my anger on the event, and win for Lucy.

I walked to the starting line where all the participants were lined up, and when the pumpkin yelled, "Go!" I started walking. Everyone else blasted off, but Natsu and Gajeel were up, but not moving at all. I decided to tease them for being able to walk while they were stuck, all pathetic.

"Aw, now we have the two strong dragon slayers, not being able to move. Why don't you just give up?" I teased, knowing that they would be mad, but couldn't do anything against me.

"Why aren't you sick?" Gajeel managed to get out.

"I'll tell you if you tell me why you're participating. I don't think you're like the Fairy Tail from seven years ago. Are you worried about the strength of your guild? About your public image? The Fairy Tail that I know were more like... They did everything at their own pace... They didn't give a damn about what people thought of them." I told them, actually wanting to know why they would participate.

"For our friends... Seven years... All that time... They were waiting for us... No matter how painful it was... No matter how sad... Even if people made fun of them... They held on...for us. They protected the guild... for their friends... And now we're going to show everyone... the proof that Fairy Tail 's been walking on all this time! So keep on going! So we're going to keep on going for all friends... that waited for us!" Natsu managed to get out, a little bit at time. He managed to actually make me feel something, and that was hatred, because we didn't feel like nakama in Sabertooth at all. Now we were getting better, with Lucy here, everyone seemed to bond, and Master Jiemma was not harsh, but if I was where Natsu is, I wouldn't have said it was for our family.

"Haven't you ever heard of a pill to stop motion sickness?" I retorted, trying to make them feel useless, for making me feel hatred about our lacking bond in Sabertooth.

I took off and raced ahead of the two Fairy Tail trash, and Risley, Ichiya, and Yuka. I had passed the destroyed carriages where they were looking in shock until I managed to pass them, which made them snap out of their stupor. I beat them, and I managed to pass Kurohebi, but Bacchus had already passed the finish line when I got there.

I walked off, not hearing the cheers of the fans, or meeting the gaze of any of the Sabertooth members. I walked into an alley where I punched the wall out of frustration, and anger.

"For their nakama? What nonsense." I say, when I felt a gentle touch on my back.

I turn around, ready to lash at whoever was bothering me, but when I saw who it was, my face and posture changed. I became much more relax, and open to the person in front of me. Afterall, it was Lucy.

"Why are you here?" I say to her, thinking she wouldn't know where I was, and I was shaken by the way her eyes seemed glazed over and blank. Usually no one could see her face, since she always wore her cloak, and usual outfit, but she took the clock off on the balcony for Sabertooth members, and when there was no one else around.

"Well, I can sense stuff. I mean you feel like the light. I felt you when you made it into the arena, and I came down to congratulate you, but I couldn't sense you, so I followed your scent. I'm a dragon slayer after all." She laughed in the end. "Anyway, are you okay? You walked off at once."

"I'm fine." I say, as I take her hand, and lead her to sit on stacks of boxes. She flinched at first, but she soon relaxed, and I felt happy with her hand in mine and I felt upset when she pulled her hand out when we sat down.

"No, you're not. Don't lie to me Sting. I know that you're upset about something, but what?" Lucy argued. I was debating the issue inside my head, and after a long silence, I answered.

"The idea of family and friends. Natsu's speech, it just shocked me, I guess. I like the idea of someone being there for me, and there are people, but everyone in Fairy Tail just has such a strong bond. Also I heard the crowd saying that they would cheer Fairy Tail on after the speech, and when Natsu and Gajeel made it to the goal." I finally get out, feeling like there was a weight that was lifted off my shoulders.

"That was a heartwarming speech, wasn't it? I'm sorry about you feeling like Sabertooth isn't nakama, but we are. There are also people out there that care about you, like Lector, Rogue, and Fro. Don't worry, for Sabertooth will gain a feeling of nakama." Lucy comforted, and I take a look at her, to see her smiling. Suddenly she turned, and I froze, for she had hugged me. I froze before wrapping my arms around her and resting my head on hers. She smelled like the stars, like home, even though I didn't know what that smelled like. 

"Don't worry, for you do have people that would fight for you. I will be here if you ever need it." Lucy whispered into my ear, before walking off, and yelling over her shoulders. "Come back to the balcony soon, or just the guild. It's fine."

I let my head fall back against the wall, and think about how much Lucy would change all of us in Sabertooth, and how much she had changed everyone already. Minerva was laughing, and she didn't torture and hit people every minute, while Master Jiemma actually laughed, and welcomed people. Also he wasn't as demanding, but still wanted to keep his guild in number one.