Chapter 3: Long Boring Assembly Speech

"And so, first off I would like to say welcome back to the returning students. To the new arrivals, welcome to Konoha Academy. As most of you know, I am Principal Sarutobi. And this is Vice-Principal Tsunade." He motioned his hand behind him an Lady Tsunade stood up for a few seconds before sitting back down. "You all know what kind of reputation this school has. So I want you all to try your best and not sully the name of this school."

I started thinking about other things as the principal went on with his speech. Not only was his speech long and boring, but I had to sit next to Sasuke the whole time. It was the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I just hope I don't have any classes with him. I was so zoned out that I didn't hear my name be called to go up and deliver my speech. Only after having Sasuke whack me in the arm a few times, did I snap my attention back to the assembly. Very slowly, I got up and walked to the podium.

"Um, hello. I'm Kaya Kurosawa. As many of you know, out of the incoming girls, I received the highest score on the entrance exam. I want everyone to try their best and get the most out of this school. Work hard and just give it your all." As I finished my speech, a round of applause began. Sasuke got up and started walking toward the podium while I began going back to my seat.

"Well, that won't be hard to beat," he whispered as he went by me, making me angry.

"Hello everyone." A huge round of applause erupts from just those two words. "I'm Sasuke Uchiha. I got the highest score out of all of the guys. Do your best this year. Join a club. Hang out with friends. Excel in academics. Just don't let this year be boring. That's all."

"Sasuke, Sasuke!" The whole assembly hall chants his name as he comes back and sits down.

"Told you I would do better. They all love me."

"Yeah, well, I don't. You're just an arrogant jerk."

"Don't try to hide your fear with big talk."

"I'm not talking big. Pay attention."

"Now everyone. Head off to your first class. And due to the assembly, all classes today will be much shorter. Everyone, including Sasuke and I, stood up and bowed to Principal Sarutobi before we began to exit the assembly hall. We had five minutes before first period began. I swiftly made my way to my locker and got my bag and my textbook for English. Rushing down the hall, I got to class just a few seconds before the bell rang.

"Hello everybody. I'm Kakashi-sensei." A man who looked young, but had pure gray hair said through a mask that keeps you from getting colds. "Before you sit down, come and get a piece of paper with a number on it. That number will indicate where you will sit." I received my piece of paper and unfolded it.

"Number 27." I began looking around until I found my desk. Suddenly my face grew dim. Right in the seat behind mine was none other than Sasuke Uchiha. "Oh, Hell no."

"Now is that any way to react? Can't you at least pretend to be happy?" The smug look on his face pissed me off more.

"What are you so smug about?" I clenched my hand around the piece of paper.

"I think fate's giving me a chance to get back at you for punching me in the gut." He started smirking.

"I don't know what you're planning, but I swear whatever it is, I'll be waiting and next time I attack, it'll be lower." I sat down in my seat and looked forward.

"Okay, now that everyone has settled down, I will hand out a quiz." Groans were heard from every mouth in the class. "Now now. Calm down. This will not be for a grade." As the last test was handed out, he said, "Okay. Starting now you have ten minutes to finish. When you finish, bring your quiz up to my desk. And begin." He sat at his desk and pulled out a book and started reading.

I looked down through the questions. 'Ha. These are so easy,' I thought. I started answering all the questions. I was finished after only three minutes. Just as I was getting up, someone zipped by me. My brows furrowed together as a black duck's butt was in front of me. Well, guess I wasn't gonna be the first one done. I turned in my quiz at Kakashi-sensei's desk. He was too busy reading to look up. I then proceeded back to my seat. I tried hard not to look at Uchiha, but peeking a glance, I was rewarded with a smirk that said "I will beat you in everything." Making sure Kakashi-sensei wasn't looking, I flipped Sasuke the bird which resulted in me receiving the famous Sasuke glare.

For the last twenty minutes of class, Kakashi-sensei did nothing except read his book. The bell finally rang signaling the end of first period. I left and went to my locker and switched textbooks. My next class was on the third floor. Algebra II with Asuma-sensei. When I got inside, I saw hardly anyone there yet.

"Probably went looking for a secret elevator instead of using the stairs." I mumbled to myself.

"Sit anywhere you want." I surveyed the room. The desks were situated where rows of two desks were pushed together. I hastily a desk in the back right next the window. I was thinking about how this class may not be that bad, until Sasuke walked in. He saw me and made a point to sit as far away from me as he could.

"Um, can... Can I sit here?" A girl with long blackish-purpleish hair asked very shyly.

"Yeah, sure." I broke out into a smile as the girl sat down in the seat next to me. The first girl that's talked to me since bubblegum. I was starting to think this class may be okay even if HE is in it.

"I'm Hinata." I noticed she had a soft and quiet voice. It was sooo soothing.

"I'm Kaya." She gave me a faint smile before turning to look at the door. Instantly, her cheeks flushed pink. I looked to where she was looking and saw Naruto come in and sit down next to Sasuke. "Hinata, are you alright?"

"Huh? Oh y-yeah. I-I'm fine." I grinned wider. I leaned in closer to Hinata.

"You like Naruto, don't you?" I whispered in her ear.

W-what?" I swear she jumped out of her seat.

"Don't worry. I won't tell." I put my fingers to my lips and pretended to zip them. She, in return, gave me a small smile.

[Hey! Comment, vote, fan, spread the word. Don't cha just love summer? :) well, see ya next chapter. Don't forget to spread the word though. Bye! :)]