Chapter 6: Food Problems

My first reaction was to duck. And I did. But the spaghetti apparently hit something. I heard gasps from the whole cafeteria. I straightened back up and turned around to see spaghetti sauce and noodles all over the bottom of Sasuke's face and chest. He looked ready to murder someone. He walked to the table and leaned over my now vacant seat.

"Okay, who did it?" I saw Sakura scrunch down in her chair trying to make herself smaller. "Well?" Suddenly Sakura shot up in her chair.

"It's Kaya's fault!" She pointed an accusing finger at me.

"What? How is it in any way my fault?"

"You're the one who ducked!"

"So basically Sakura, you're saying you threw it?" He glared at her and she shrank downward farther into her seat.

"It... It was an accident Sasuke. Kaya was being mean and wouldn't stop insulting me." She forced tears to start running down her face. "I only did it out of self-defense." She pleaded to Sasuke, but the anger never left his eyes. He turned around and stormed out of the cafeteria. I assume he was going to get cleaned up. A few seconds after his presence was gone, a lot of the guys started laughing, while many of the girls were glaring daggers at Sakura. Naruto got up and rushed after Sasuke. I sat back down.

"This is all your fault!" Sakura stood up and leaned over the table getting right in my face.

"And how is that?"

"Because you shouldn't have ducked." She hissed through very clenched teeth.

"Um, Sakura. Maybe you should calm down." Ino tried to calm Sakura down. Everyone else at the table was nodding their heads in agreement.

"Why? Sasuke probably hates me now because of her."

"Sakura, you know it wasn't her fault."

"Just shut up Shikamaru!" She turned to the pineapple head and shot him her nasiest glare.

"Seriously what is your problem?" I stood up now.

"It's you." Very quickly, she reached over and grabbed her milk and flung it at me. It splattered all over my face and in my hair. Dripping off my uniform, it fell to the floor. 

I grabbed the closest drink, which happened to be my water, and threw it in her face. The wetness caused her makeup to run and she looked ridiculous.

"Is there a problem here?" Everyone froze in horror and turned to see a very furious looking Lady Tsunade. I stood standing on the spot and didn't look.

"N-no." Sakura wiped some of the water off of her face with the back of her hand.

"You two come with me." I stole a glance to Hinata, who looked a little terrified. I tried to give her a reassuring smile, which didn't work all that great, and left with Sakura to Lady Tsunade's office. As soon as we entered, the door was slammed loudly behind us.

"What were you two doing throwing drinks on each other?"

"Kaya started it!" I shot Sakura a dirty glare that screamed "just wait until I get a hold of you."

"Once again, how did I start it?" My voice was rising as each word left my mouth.

"Because you just did." We were both leaning towards each other, about to attack if necessary.

"Stop it you two!" Tsunade slammed her hands on her desk causing both of us to jump in our seats. "You will both have after-school detention for three days." Sakura groaned.

"But Lady Tsunade, why do I have to get punished?" Tsunade raised an eyebrow that asked "are you kidding me?"

"Sakura, for one, you threw milk in Kaya's face. And two, I saw you throw the spaghetti that hit Sasuke." Sakura looked away guiltily. "Okay you two. Go get cleaned up and get back to lunch." She made a "go away" motion with her hand. We both got up and left.

"I hate you." Sakura hissed.

"The feeling is mutual bitch." I stalked off leaving her standing there in the middle of the hallway. I went to the bathroom and got all of the milk out of my hair, and most of it off of my uniform. Finally, satisfied with cleaning, I went back to the cafeteria.

I saw Sasuke and Naruto had returned, but Sakura was nowhere in sight. All chatter at the table instantly stopped as I took my seat next to Hinata. 

"Where's Sakura?" Ino was the first to speak.

"Don't know, don't care."

"A-are you okay Kaya?"

"Not really. Because of Sakura, I now have an extra three days of after-school detention."

"Wow Kaya, that's rough." Naruto scratched the back of his head nervously. "Only halfway through the first day of school and you already have four days worth of detention."

I sighed and put one hand on my forehead. "My parents are gonna kill me."

"Well, Kaya, I think you should feel lucky." I snapped my head towards Ino and gave her a look that said "how?"

"Normally, Lady Tsunade would've suspended kids who did stuff like that. Or at least that's what Neji told me."

"Is that your older cousin?" Hinata nodded her head in reply. "Then how come she didn't suspend me?"

"Probably because you're here on a scholarship." That was the first thing he's said since I returned.

"And why do you think that Uchiha?" I hissed out his name.

"Because I just do." His words were more bitter than any other thing he had said.

Before I could go off on Sasuke, the bell rang and we had to leave. Fortunately for me, Hinata had health with me. Unfortunately, Duckass was in there as well. I swear I have never had a worst day in my life.

[So comment, vote, follow, spread the word. You know, all the nice, good happy things. Bye:)]