Chapter 5: Woohoo... Lunch!

I packed up my things and left the room. I was looking forward to my next class. Art with Kurenai-sensei. Art has always been my most favorite subject. My next favorite would probably be gym. I stopped at my locker and put my textbook away and got my sketchbook. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ruin art. Not even Duckbutt, cause nothing is better than drawing while listening to music. 

I walked into the classroom and saw Hinata sitting in the back row. I quickly went over to her and took the seat in front of her. 

"H-hey Kaya. I'm happy we have class together." She gave a shy smile which made me smile back. 

"I'm glad you're here too. You're the first girl that hasn't given me death stares yet."

"You're probably getting them because of Sasuke. I mean, h-he is pretty popular."

"We are talking about the same arrogant jerk aren't we?"

"Yeah. His family is pretty influential around here."

"So he's stuck up because he's rich?"

"Well, he is rich, but I don't really think he's stuck up. But then again, I've never really talked to him."

"Trust me. You don't wanna talk to that jerk. And his family can't be that great  if I don't know what they do."

"You don't know? His family..." Before Hinata could finish, Kurenai-sensei came in."

"Okay everyone, settle down." She clapped her hands. "I'm Kurenai-sensei. Now instead of having you take a quiz like most other teachers do, I'm going to have you draw a picture. I want the picture to be about things you love, you personality, just things that tell me about you. You will have time in class today and tomorrow to work on it. You may talk to those around you as long as you keep it quiet. Begin."

"Hey Kaya. What are you gonna do yours on?"

"Well, I'm thinking music because I really like it. And maybe something with books because I like reading. I'm not sure what else I would add though. What are you gonna do?"

"Um well, I haven't decided."

"Well, what do you like?"

"Well, I like animals and flowers. I also like the color purple."

"Okay, that's a start." While me and Hinata were talking about our plans, the bell rang. 

"Oh, it's time for lunch." We started packing up our things. Neither one of us started our drawings yet. I paused in the doorway waiting for Hinata.

"Seriously, move it." I knew that voice. 

"Oh and if I don't Duckbutt?"

"I'll force you to!"

"Yeah right."

"Okay Kaya. Ready?"

"Yeah." I walked off with Hinata, but not before turning around and sticking my tongue out at Sasuke.

"Hey Kaya. Why do you hate Sasuke?"

"Because he's a jerk."

"Yeah, but how is he a jerk?"

"Well, for one reason he insults me. A lot." We continued walking to the cafeteria. 

"Man, this school is so big."

"You haven't seen the cafeteria yet have you?"

"What do you mean by that Hinata?" We came upon two doors opened wide. Inside was a super huge cafeteria.

"Wow! This place is amazing."

"There is also a buffet."

"How do you know all of this?"

"I have an older cousin who's in his second year here."

"Hey Kaya! Hinata!" We looked towards the voice and saw Naruto standing in a chair and waving his hands frantically. I face palmed and cursed mentally. 

"Kaya, l-let's go. Everyone's staring at us." I looked around and saw that everyone WAS staring. I grabbed Hinata's arm and quickly walked towards the table. Naruto hopped off the chair and came forward a little. 

"Oi, you two should eat with us."

"Us?" I looked towards Hinata and raised an eyebrow. She just shrugged. I turned my gaze back to Naruto and saw him squinting with his hand above his eyes at the door. 

"Yeah, us. Me, Sasuke, Sakura, Ino, and them." 

As if on que, Sakura's squeal became very audible in the already nosy cafeteria.

"Oh, Sasuke! How has your day been so far?" I turned around and saw Sasuke trying to pry Sakura off of his arm. I somewhat felt a sense of satisfaction at seeing his misery. 

"C'mon Hinata. Let's go get something to eat." She nodded her head and followed after me into the lunch line. I saw a hamburger that was begging me to eat it. So I ended up getting a hamburger and some fries. Hinata got some fruit and yogurt. We both got water to drink.

When we got back to the table and saw Sasuke still trying to pry Sakura off, I snickered earning a dirty glare. I sat down across from Sasuke and Hinata sat next to me making her across from Naruto.

Sakura, after much prying was forced from Sasuke's arm so he could go get food. She looked around and her gaze landed on me.

"Hey Naruto." He stopped eating from his large bowl of ramen and looked at her. A noodle was hanging from the corner of his full mouth.

"Hmph?" He tried asking with all the food in his mouth. He quickly swallowed it. "What?"

"What is that THING doing here?" She jabbed a finger in my direction.

"Who? Kaya? I invited her to sit with us." Sakura, being mad, sulked off to go get food. While she was gone, Ino and the others showed up. They each took their turn introducing themselves to me. It seems they've all pretty much have gone to school with each other their whole lives, since they all went to private schools.

Sasuke and Sakura returned as well as everyone else who went to get food. I noticed Sakura and Ino kept shooting glares my way. Neither one of them had touched their food either. Sasuke got up to throw his trash away in the trash can located a few feet behind me. As soon as he got up, Sakura and Ino exchanged a glance and nodded causing me to raise an eyebrow in question.

"Oh Kaya!" Sakura said in a sing-songy voice. I looked at her from listening to Naruto's story while standing up and getting ready to throw my trash away. I saw her lunch of spaghetti flying towards my head.

[ooh cliffhanger. Don't be mad at me! Comment, vote, follow, spread the word. Wattpad's page system makes me mad:( I write about five and a half pages and when I type it on here, it comes out to like two. What's up with that? So that's my little rant. Bye:)]