Chapter 24: Dinner At Sasuke's

Kaya's POV

"When are we gonna get there?" I was starting to get annoyed with how long it takes to reach Sasuke's house.

"Um, Kaya. It's only been eight minutes since we've left your house."

My eyes snapped open. "Are you sure?" I took a look at the clock to check his math and sure enough, he was right.

"Relax, we're here." He slowed down at a locked gate. "We are?" I looked and saw the gate open. Sasuke drove on through and entered a cul-de-sac like area with a humongous fountain in the middle. My mouth gaped open as he pulled to a stop right outside the entrance of a huge mansion. I swear it was probably bigger than the school.

"Geez, Sasuke. I figure you were rich, but not this rich!" Before I had the chance to open my door, a servant came out and opened it for me.

"You honestly didn't know?" He gave me a weird look and came over and draped his arm around my shoulder. I shook my head no and let him lead me into his house. I gawked at the size of the inside. It's like twenty times bigger than my house.

"So does this mean this necklace has a real diamond in it?" I grabbed the necklace around my neck and started inspecting it.

"Yeah."

"You're serious?"

"Yeah. Wait here. I'll be back in a second." I watched him ascend the giant staircase and disappear from my line of sight. It was a bit awkward standing in the huge entrance hall. It made me feel so small and unimportant. Not long after, Sasuke came back down wearing black skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a navy blue jacket. His hair remained styled in its normal Duckass looking way. But man did he look so HOT!

"Like what you see?" He smirked making me turn around. I can't believe I let him catch me checking him out. Although I already caught him checking me out. So I guess we're even. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Cause I know I like what I see." His warm breath tickled my ear as he started nipping at it.

"Ahem." Startled, Sasuke jumped away from me at the sound of a voice. We both turned around to see a woman in her mid-twenties standing in a doorway with a scowl on her face. "Young master, dinner is ready." She turned around and briskly walked away. Sasuke sighed before grabbing my hand and taking me to the dining room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke's POV

I lead Kaya to the dining room where my parents were waiting at the table.

"Sasuke, you're late." My father was the first to speak.

"I know. Mom, dad, this is Kaya."

"Hello dear. I'm Mikoto and this is my husband Fugaku. It's very lovely to be able to finally meet you." Leave it to mom to get rid of any tension that my dad causes.

"Hi. It's a pleasure to be here." I pushed Kaya's chair in and sat down myself. Hopefully this night won't be bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally time for dessert. Kaya seemed to be enjoying herself. Things weren't that bad at all.

"Hey mom, hey dad." My hand, holding my fork with cake on it, stopped halfway to my mouth. Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I dropped my fork back on my plate.

"Hello, Itachi dear. We weren't expecting you to be home for another week."

"Well, I wanted to surprise you guys. So, I came home a week early. And I was starting to miss my little brother so much."

I scoffed at his every word. "Come on Kaya. It's already 9:30. I'll drive you home."

"Huh? Um, okay. It was nice meeting you."

I pulled myself up from my chair and ushered Kaya out the front door. About ten minutes later, I pulled into her driveway.

"Sasuke, are you... Alright?" A soft warm hand caressed my cheek. Looking over at her, I grasped her hand in mine.

"I'm fine. I just wish HE hadn't shown up." I snarled more and more as each word escaped my mouth.

"Your older brother I'm guessing?"

"Yeah. But let's forget about that." Cupping her cheeks, I pulled her close for a long, deep kiss. Before long, she broke this kiss.

"Goodnight Sasuke."

"Night." I watched her get out of the car and go into her house. Deep in thought, I sat there in her driveway for a few minutes before backing out and leaving.

As soon as I got home, I marched straight up to Itachi's room.

"What the hell are you doing back here Itachi?"

Surprisingly unstartled, he didn't even acknowledge my presence in the room.

"Dammit Itachi, answer me!"

"Now now, Sasuke. Is that any way to treat your brother who you haven't seen in almost a year?"

"Shut up! Just tell me why you're here!"

"That doesn't concern you."

"Then I guess I'll have to find out myself." I turned around and was about to leave when a heavy force slammed me up against the wall. Itachi's arm was firmly held at my neck, cutting off my air supply.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, little brother," he spat.

"And why not?"

"You wouldn't want anything to happen to that girlfriend of yours, would you?"

My eyes widened as my brain processed his words. He wouldn't really go after Kaya to get to me, would he?

He released his grip on me and I fell to the floor, happy to be able to breathe again.

"That Sasuke, is your first and last warning." He walked out of his own room, leaving me on the floor trying to think over what just happened.

[so comment, vote, follow, spread the word. Why does Sasuke hate Itachi? What is Itachi planning? Only I know at this point o.O So anyway, Bye:)]