Chapter 16: The Great Uchiha Is Sorry?

Sasuke's POV

"Why?" Principal Sarutobi gazed sternly at my face. Vice Principal Tsunade stood off to the side, not pleased at all about this situation.

"Why? At first I was mad and wanted payback but..."

"But what?"

"But after seeing her hurt and crying like that, I just... I don't know."

"Perhaps you feel guilty about it?"

After thinking about it for a second, I slowly nodded my head.

"You do realize you'll still be punished." I nodded again. "Starting tomorrow, you'll have three days suspension. We'll call your parents and inform them of what happened. You are dismissed. Go back for the last ten minutes of class."

I got up and silently left the office. I can't believe I did that. I can't believe I hurt her like that.

I feel like a monster. What is wrong with me?

Feeling rising anger at myself, I punched the wall really hard a few times until my knuckles started bleeding.

Finally, feeling the anger subsiding, I went back to the gym. In the lockeroom while getting changed, Naruto came yelling at me.

"That was low, even for you Sasuke."

"Just shut up you loser."

"What the hell is your problem?" Turning around, I was instantly shoved up against the cold metal lockers. The cold seeped into my bare back at contact, chilling my spine.

"Seriously Sasuke. The way you've been acting towards Kaya is just downright mean. It makes you look like an asshole."

"What do you know?" I shoved his hands off me and put my shirt on before exiting the lockeroom.

Looking around the gym, I saw Hinata but I didn't see Kaya anywhere. She was probably in the nurse's office. As soon as the bell rang, I headed off to the nurse's office to find her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaya's POV

"It will be bruised for a while." The nurse went and grabbed a fresh ice pack out of the freezer and gently put it on my bruised face.

"A while? How long exactly?"

"It's really hard to say. It could be anything from one week to a month."

"That long?" My mouth gaped open. I'm gonna have a big purple bruise on almost half my face for nearly a month?

"I'm afraid so." The bell rang signaling the end of school. "When you get home, make sure to keep ice on it to keep the swelling down. And come see me tomorrow morning so I can check up on it.

"Okay. Thank you."

I opened the door to walk out, but met with a solid object in my path. Looking up with my left eye, I saw dark eyes locking into mine.

"What do you want?" Quickly, he glanced away, which is weird because he would normally start glaring at me.

"Come on, let's go." Before I could say no, he turned around and started walking away. Sighing, I went and walked after him. As much as I didn't want to be around him, I really didn't want to walk around town with my face like this. Especially since I could only see out of my left eye right now.

After I got in the car, Sasuke took off to my house. There was an awkward silence as he came coasting to a stop at a stoplight.

"Look, I'm... I'm sorry okay?" Hearing Sasuke apologize so unexpectedly shocked me. I turned my head and looked at him with my one eye. I noticed the way his fingers kept tightening and untightening around the steering wheel indicated that he was nervous.

My gaze then fell upon his right knuckle.

"What's wrong with your hand?"

"Nothing." He started driving again as the light turned green.

I sighed. "I guess I should apologize too. Maybe I shouldn't have hit you with that ball.'

"Don't apologize. In the end, I hurt you way more than you hurt me. My pain lasted, what, five minutes? It looks like your face is going to be hurting for a while."

He pulled up into my driveway and turned the engine off. However, he made no attempt to get out of the car.

"Let me see."

"Huh?"

"You face. Let me see how bad it is." I closed my eyes and gently removed the ice pack from my face and turned my head facing him. Hearing nothing, I opened my eyes.

I found him staring intently at my face. His face was devoid of all emotion. He stretched his arm out and gently touched his fingertips on the bruise. I winced from the sudden pain, immediately causing him to jerk his arm back.

"Let's go inside."

I nodded my head and reluctantly opened the door. I didn't want to have to deal with my parents.

Opening the front door, I was determined to get to my room before they got a hold of me. Halfway up the stairs though, my mom came out into the living room.

"Kaya, why are you holding an ice pack up to your face?"

"I... Uh... Got into a little incident at school."

"Come down here." I retreated back down the steps and stood in front of my mother. "Now move the ice pack."

Feeling a little scared about what she would say, I slowly removed the ice pack. Trying to prolong the unavoidable as long as possible. My mom's eyes widened at the sight of my face.

"Hansuke, come out here!"

"What is it Masayo?" My father stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of me. "Kaya, what happened?"

"A dodgeball accident."

"How can you get a bruise like that from an accident?" Anger was now rising in my father's voice. Saying nothing, I bounded up the stairs, Sasuke following behind me.

"Kaya, come back here this instant!'" Hurrying up the stairs, I shut and locked the door before my parents could get in. The doorknob shook from their various attempts to open it. Within a matter of minutes, the doorknob stopped shaking. My parents must have went back downstairs. But that meant I would still have to tell the later, what had happened.

I laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Sasuke was just awkwardly standing near the door.

"You can sit down you know." With a little hesitation, he came and sat down on the bed.

"Look, I really am sorry."

"Quit apologizing. Here you are, the most stubborn guy I've ever met, and yet you're apologizing."

"So?"

"So, I'll never understand you, you stupid Duckass."

"That makes two of us."

"What?" I sat up removing the ice pack from my face. An idea popped into my head as I saw him sitting there moping around.

Quickly grabbing his shirt, I pulled the collar back and dropped the ice pack onto his back.

"Ahh! Damn Kaya, that's cold!" He jumped up and grabbed the ice pack as it fell to the bottom. "Why'd you do that?" He stared at me waiting for an answer.

"To get rid of the heavy tension."

"That's just stupid."

Before I could even blink, I was pinned down to the bed. Sasuke was overtop of me, his face hovering just inches above mine. I felt my cheeks get hot as I stared at him wide eyed.

"You are really stupid." His warm breath tingled on my skin as he spoke. "I've got to get going." He released my wrists and got up off the bed and left the room.

What just happened?

[so comment, vote, follow, spread the word. I made a longer chapter for you guys! Yay! Bye:)]