Chapter 14: What Is Naruto Hinting At?

Kaya's POV
I ran to the bathroom and began scrubbing my neck. No matter how hard I scrubbed, I couldn't get rid of the scaly sensation.

I swear I will get him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had gotten through fourth period, but not without rumors and whispers spread around about me.

I was more than glad when the bell rang signaling lunch. I got my lunch and sat down and began eating. I nearly lost my appetite when Sasuke sat down across from me.

I shot him a glare. "You are a stupid jerk, you Duckass."

"So. Your point is?"

My eye twitched and an anger vein appeared on my head. I grabbed a few fries that had ketchup on them and chucked them at him.

"Hey! Why are you being mean to Sasuke?" Sakura and Ino started yelling at me.

"Why? Because he's being mean to me and is an ass... Ouch!" I reached down and grabbed my leg. I shot a menacing look at Sasuke.

"What?" He asked smirking.

"You did not just kick me," I growled through clenched teeth.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

"You better watch yourself Uchiha."

Kaya, calm down." Hinata placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey you loser, what are you doing?" Sasuke questioned as Naruto grabbed his arm and dragged him away from the table.

"So why exactly do you hate Sasuke?" Sakura and Ino leaned across the table eyeing me down.

"Because he's a jerk." I continued to eat my fries.

"Why do you think he's a jerk?"

"Why don't you think he's a jerk?"

"Because Sasuke is the coolest!"

"Anybody else see the hearts popping out of their eyes?" Everybody else at the table sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sasuke's POV
"Naruto, what are you doing?" Naruto had pulled me down towards the entrance to the cafeteria.

"Why did you kick Kaya like that?"

"Because I hate her. Why else would I do it?" I was starting to get irritated by everything.

"That's just it Sasuke! Why do you hate her?"

I thought about it. And it wasn't hard.

"Okay. Here's why. She's ran into me twice. She keeps calling me 'jerk, bastard, asshole, and Duckass.' She punched me in the gut. She got me in trouble. She drew pictures of me getting hurt. She smacked me upside the head. She threw food at me. And she almost broke my nose."

"Okay, but to be fair, you have done a lot of things to her too."

"Like what?"

"Well, you got her in trouble with Jiraiya-sensei. You stole her notebook."

"Which had pictures of me getting hurt in it."

"Not the point. You always call her a bitch. You're constantly glaring at her. You're always instigating her. Always saying you're gonna be better than her for no reason. You tripped her. You throw things at her, taunt her, and everything you say to her is harsh. Every day you say you hate her. You freaked her out by putting a snake on her neck and you just kicked her leg."

"So?"

"So? I've never seen you act this way to anybody Sasuke."

"That's because I've never been so pissed off at anyone else like this."

"Or maybe you're just upset."

"About what?"

"The fact that she's not swooning over you like almost every other girl. And the fact that she actually stands against you." He patted my shoulder before walking back to the table with his hands in his pockets.

My eyebrows furrowed together as I thought about what he said. His words were ridiculous, but I couldn't help but feel that there was some truth in them somewhere.

But that can't be right can it?

I sighed before slowly walking back to our table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaya's POV
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Naruto return back to his seat.

"Where's Sasuke?" I rolled my eyes. Will Sakura ever get her mind off that asshole?

"He's still where I left him."

"So anyway Naruto, I have an awesome joke for you!"

"C'mon Kiba. Just tell me already!" Naruto whined, not being patient.

"What are you going on about you loser?"

"Kiba's gonna tell a joke."

"Okay here it is. How are women and tornadoes alike?"

"I don't know, how?"

"The both moan like hell when they come and take the house when they leave."

My eyes widened as I spewed my water. All over Sasuke's face. "What the hell Kiba? Why would you tell something like that?"

Naruto started laughing, both at the joke and the expression on Sasuke's face.

"Kaya." I looked from Kiba to a very pissed off Sasuke. "What the hell?"

[so comment, vote, follow, spread the word. Okay... Well... Bye:)]