Chapter 26: The Storm is Silent

Kaya's POV
"I don't really understand it, but that is one stupid reason!"

"But it's the truth. You would never be able to understand rich people. So just give it up."

Slap! A loud sound resounded throughout the room. I was now standing up. My arm was bent from where I just slapped Itachi across the face.

"I will make sure you regret that!" He hissed, rubbing his cheek that now had the imprint of my hand on it. He stood up and reached to grab my wrist, but something stopped him.

"I won't let you lay a finger on her." Looking at the sound of the voice, I saw Sasuke glaring at Itachi. "C'mon Kaya." He quickly grabbed my wirst and pulled me out the door. He almost more or less threw me inside of his car. An awkward silence hung in the air as Sasuke started driving. I just knew that this gave Sasuke yet another reason to hate his brother.

"What were you doing with Itachi?" Sasuke's voice came out cold. Emotionless.

"Well, I thought we were just gonna get coffee."

"That doesn't answer my question Kaya."

"Well, what do you expect me to say?"

"Just answer the damn question!"

"I already told you!"

"Kaya. What the hell do you take me for? An idiot? I know that you're hiding something. Now what did that bastard want?"

I began thinking. Thinking on if I should tell him the truth. If I told him, he would probably be mad. And if I didn't tell him, he would for sure be mad. Either way it's a lose, lose situation for me. By now he had pulled into my driveway and his body was turned towards mine, waiting for an answer. Well, I guess if it's gonna end in another argument, I'm not gonna make it easy on him.

"Nothing."

"Kaya." My name held so much anger and warning in his tone.

"I said it's nothing." I opened my door to get out, but Sasuke reached acrossed me and pulled the door shut. "Let me out Duckass!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Not until you give me a straight answer."

I sighed. Even though I wanted to make this hard on him, he sure knew how to make it hard on me as well. "Fine. Itachi wants me to break up with you. Are you happy now?" I snapped.

"But why?"

"It's because you're rich and I'm not. He said it would ruin your 'reputation.'" I made air quotes around reputation. His face softened up a little, although a scowl still stayed on it.

"Kaya. Don't ever think I wouldn't love you because you're not rich. I don't care about that at all. Just promise me you'll stay away from Itachi."

"Okay. I promise."

"Good." He smirked before pulling me in for a kiss. He pulled away and nuzzled his face in my neck. "Why do we keep fighting over the stupidest things?" His warm breath on my neck sent a shiver up my spine.

"I don't know." I nearly moaned out when he raked his teeth over my skin. When he finally pulled his face back up, I just knew there was a mark on my skin. Opening the door, I gave him a peck on the cheek. "See you later, Sasuke." I waited until he drove away before I went inside the house.

"Oh Kaya. Good you're home. I need you to go to the store and get a few things for me."

I glanced at the clock. It was already almost five o'clock. My mom was still looking at me. I knew I couldn't get out of this. Sighing, I nodded my head. She gave me a list of everything I needed to get and ushered me outside. I began my walk to the grocery store.

I was almost at the grocery store. I had been walking for twenty minutes and the sun was starting to sink lower in the sky. At least it wasn't hot.

I had just walked past an alley when I felt hands grab me. One hand covered my mouth, as whoever it was dragged me down the alleyway. I kept trying to struggle out of their grip, but that just caused their grip to tighten tighter.

"I told you that you would pay for what you did to me."

My eyes widened at the sound of the voice. Itachi Uchiha.

--------------------------------------

Sasuke's POV
I was pacing around my room. I can't believe that Itachi would go after Kaya like that. And ever since that happened, he hasn't been home. My phone started going off. When I looked at the screen, it said "Kaya's Home." I unlocked my phone and answered the call.

"Hey. No I haven't seen her since I dropped her off."

My eyes widened and a million thoughts went coursing through my head at her mom's next words.

"I sent Kaya to the store, but that was over an hour ago. She should have been back by now. Let me know if you see her."

"Okay." I hung up and dialed Kaya's number. One ring. Two rings. Three rings. It kept ringing until it went to her voicemail. "Dammit." I grabbed my keys and went bounding down the stairs. As soon as I reached the entrance, the door opened and Itachi came stolling in.

I grabbed him by the shirt and shoved him up against the wall. "Where is she?" I yelled in his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about Sasuke." His voice was as cold as it usually is.

"Don't give me that!"

"Sasuke, is everything alright? I heard yelling and... Sasuke what are you doing? Let go of your brother!"

Not wanting to let go, I did anyway. Sparing a glance to my mother, I quickly left the house to go find Kaya. I don't know what that bastard did to her, but I had to find her. I swear, if he hurt her, he will pay.

[So, comment, vote, follow, spread the word. Bye:)]