19: Pizza Aftermath

Chapter Nineteen
Riley Matthews

"Gooooooodddd mmmoooorrrrnnniiiiiiinnngggg!" My principal exclaimed over the loudspeaker.

It was now the morning of the next day and my fellow classmates and I were sitting at our desks in homeroom, patiently waiting for our first class to start, and the morning announcements had just came on. Maya, Lucas, Farkle, and I all have my dad for homeroom so we were all currently in his classroom. Yesterday, a couple of hours after I had gotten home from making pizzas, Maya stopped by to visit me. It was really nice because she stayed over for about two hours and we watched a comedy movie! We laughed so hard that our insides were hurting! It was a good night. I wish that I could show all of my classmates how happy I am from last night, but I've got a reputation to hold, you know? Also, Missy will surely start bullying me if I start acting happy and wearing colorful clothes again.

"Today is Friday, December 18th, 2015," The principal began, "And you know what that means! Yep, today it is officially one week away from Christmas! Woo hoo!"

    All of my classmates cheered. I would have cheered too, but I didn't want to show any signs of happiness. Unfortunately, Missy is in my homeroom class and I have every single class with her.

    "Not only that, but is the last school day of the week, which means the weekend is almost here!" My principal added, "Woo hoo!"

    Once again, all of my classmates cheered.

    "Alright, for today's lunch we have pizza, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwiches, garden salad, and chicken caesar salad. We also have cereal available if anybody wants that."

    "Make sure you eat that pizza guys," My dad told my classmates, "Today's pizza is special because it was made by your classmates, Riley and Maya."

    Everybody in my class turned towards Maya and I. We then got a lot of "really? How cool!"s, "I'm sure it'll taste good!"s, and "that's awesome!"s.

    "How did you guys get to make the pizza?" Lucas asked.

    "Well, Ranger Rick, Riley here has always wanted to learn how to cook, so yesterday, we went and asked Geralyn if we could help her out with today's lunch and she let us make the pizza," Maya explained.

    "That's really cool, guys!" Farkle complimented us, "How many pizzas did you guys have to make?"

    "67," I replied.

    "Wow, that's a lot of pizzas!" Lucas gasped.

    "Yes, it was a lot of hard work. By the time we were done, I was exhausted."

    "But, we still had fun though; right, Riley?" Maya asked as she gave me a nudge.

    "You call it fun; I call it work. However, I did learn a lot from it. It was something I have never done before. I just wish that the experience was lest exhausting."

    "Well, like you said, making pizza is a lot of hard work!"

    "Alright, have a fffaaaannnntttaaaassttiiiicc Friday, boys and girls!" The principal said, wrapping up us morning speech, "You may now stand for the flag salute."