39: Finally in Spain!

Chapter Thirty-Nine
Riley Matthews

It was now 12:00 at night in Spain and after a long day of traveling, we had just arrived at our Marriott in Barcelona about an hour ago. Mom, Dad, Auggie, Maya, Lucas, Zay, Farkle, and I were all stunned by the hotel's beauty. The hotel itself was painted a cheery yellow color and was fourteen stories high. Out in the back, they had two large swimming pools. The pool area was decorated by palm trees and gorgeous flowers. If you walked past the pool area, then you would find a beautiful sandy beach with a beautiful blue ocean. Not only that, but the hotel had a mini mall attached to it where you could get ice cream and buy souvenirs. The hotel also had a couple of restaurants that you could eat at. Furthermore, they had a large gym where you could get a nice workout. In addition, the hotel had a beautiful spa where you could get a lovely massage and have your hair and nails done.

    My personal favorite part of it all were our hotel rooms. Mom, Dad, and Auggie stayed in one room, while Lucas, Farkle, and Zay shared another. Maya and I had the third room all to ourselves. Each room had a bedroom, a kitchen, a living room, a washing room, and two bathrooms. Each bedroom had two queen-sized beds and a medium-sized flat screen tv. Each living room had two small couches, one large couch that could be pulled out into a bed, and a large flat screen tv. Each kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, cabinets to store food, an oven, a stove, a microwave, a coffee maker, pots, plates, bowls, and utensils. The washing room, of course, had a washing machine to wash clothes and a drying machine to dry them off. The one bathroom was attached to the living room and had a large shower in it. The other bathroom was attached to the bedroom and had a large bathtub that had jets in it so that it could be used as a jacuzzi. Boy, was I going to love it here! I am so happy that Maya was able to win this wonderful trip for all of us!

    Since all of us were starving and none of the restaurants were open, as soon as we all got settles in our hotel rooms, we decided to call room service. I decided to get a cheeseburger and boy was it delicious! I think it was one of the best cheeseburgers that I'be ever eaten! I cannot wait to see what other kinds of delicious foods Spain has in store for me. Since it would still technically only be 6:00 in the evening back in New York, none of us were tired enough to go to sleep yet. Therefore, Maya, Lucas, Zay, Farkle, and I decided that we were going to go explore the hotel some more, then go for a night swim in one of the pools. So as soon as Lucas, Farkle, and Zay put their t-shirts and swim trunks on and Maya and I put our swimsuits and coverups on, we all met each other in the hotel lobby.

    "Ah, smell that nice, wonderful Spanish air!" Zay announced as he, Maya, Farkle, Lucas, and I stepped outside of the hotel.

    We all just giggled.

    "And, hey, look at this view!" Lucas added.

    Our Marriott had quite a lovely entrance. It had a little stream going around it, so you have to walk across a little boardwalk in order to get to the front doors. There were also exotic flowers that you would not usually see back in America all around it. In front of the hotel, there was a loop that you could pull into to unload or load up all of your luggage. The loop was also a spot for taxis to pick you up and drop you off, so if you wanted to go anywhere, there would already be a taxing waiting for you. Our Marriott was placed on quite a busy street. We all just stood there for a second as we watched all different types of cars zoom down it. Somehow, in the middle of the darkness, I was able to spot a small, bright light. I just squinted at it.

    "What the heck is that?" I asked.

    "What the heck is what?" Farkle asked.