40: You Saved My Life!

Chapter Forty
Maya Hart

"RILEY, WHY THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO THAT?!?!" I practically screamed at my girlfriend.

My heart was now thumping quite loudly. A girl almost got hit by a car and Riley had just risked her life to save her. She had me worried to death since Riley and the girl were basically just inches away from the car before Riley could pull both herself and the girl to the sidewalk.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!" Riley yelled back at me, "I WAS SAVING THE GIRL'S LIFE OF COURSE!!!"

"BUT YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF HURT!!!"

"ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU WOULD HAVE RATHER ME LET THAT CAR HIT HER?!?!"

"Whoa, both of you calm down," Farkle intervened.

"Yeah, Maya, we all understand that you love Riley very much and would hate to see her get hurt- I mean, we all would- but, just calm down," Lucas added.

"But, Riley, you did give all of us a scare," Zay added, "But none of that matters now because you are perfectly fine."

"Well, I'm sorry for scaring all of you, but I just had to save her! I was the one who saw her going into the street without looking like that, so I had to! I mean, none of you even saw her until I started running, so if I hadn't of done something, she would have been flattened like a pancake! Yes, what I did might have been dangerous, but I ended up not getting hurt. I also ended up saving someone's life."

I sighed. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, Riley. It's just that I got so scared when you ran out in the street like that that my fear took over my actions. I just got so worried because I love you so much that I would hate to lose you."

Riley blushed. "Aw, I love you too, peaches! I'm really sorry for scaring you."

"Don't be because what you just did was really heroic, brave, and courageous. I mean, you saved a life!"

All of the sudden, Riley turned towards the Spanish girl whom she had just saved who was still trembling a bit. "And I just had to because, Miss, even though I may not know you, I care about you. Your life matters to me and it would have crushed my heart to see you lose it just because you were on your phone."

The girl just nodded her head, then hugged Riley. Riley hugged back.

"Thank you so much....., Riley, is it?" The girl asked in her Spanish accent in perfect English.

Riley nodded her head.

"You saved my life and that means so much to me! Gracias!"

"De nada."

"No, but honestly, it means so much that you care! Did you know that there are people that are so concerned about their own lives that they do not think about others? I mean, just look at the car who almost hit me! Yes, it was my own fault for being on my phone and not looking where I was going! He or she could have at least gotten out of their car or pulled down their window to ask if I was alright, but no, they just rudely honked at us!"

"I know! What a heartless jerk!"

"I mean, I could see why he or she could have been mad at me, but considering the fact that I almost lost my life, they could have at least checked to see if I was ok."