38: To the Airport!

Chapter Thirty-Eight
Maya Hart

    "Beep, beep! Beep, beep, beep, beep!" My alarm clock went off, waking me up.

    I slowly fluttered my eyes open, revealing my bedroom. I let out a yawn as I stretched my arms and legs.

    "Today is the day," I thought to myself, "The day we leave for Europe."

    Lisa and Larry told us all we needed to know about our vacation. They told us that the first country we would be flying to would be Spain. They said that our flight would be on Saturday, March 26th(A.K.A today) at 8:00 in the morning. They told us that the hotel company we would be staying with the whole entire time would be Marriott. In addition to that, the airline we would be flying with the whole time would be American Airlines. Since it takes a little less than eight hours to fly to Barcelona, the city where our hotel, the Renaissance, is in, the earliest we can check in is at 4:00(10:00 at night in Spain.) By the time we get there, it will probably be 5:00(11:00 at night in Spain) since it will take some time for us to get our bags, for us to find a taxi, and to drive to the hotel. Also, all of our hotel, airport, excursion(meaning if we wanted to go snorkeling or something like that, we wouldn't have to pay for it), and restaurant bills would be paid by COOL Radio. The only thing we had to bring money for was if we wanted to go shopping in a mall or something like that.

Since the Greenwich airport is about twenty minutes away and airport security can take quite some time when the airport is busy with travelers, we all decided that we would all try to leave there a few minutes before 5:00. Therefore, I set my alarm clock for 4:15, giving me plenty of time to get ready. Since this is quite early for me, I went to bed very early last night in order to get a good night's rest. I ended up getting about eight hours of sleep, which is just enough to keep me energized throughout the day.

After Lisa and Larry gave me the amount of plane tickets that we would be needing, we all said our goodbyes and Mr. Matthews, Riley, and I left. In the car, Riley and I called Farkle, Lucas, and Zay, saying how I won a vacation to Europe through COOL Radio and that we were inviting them all to come along with us. Luckily, all three of them have passports. Of course, they were all very excited to go and agreed to come along with us. As for my mom, well I kinda... sorta.. lied to her. I told her that it was Riley who won the European vacation, not me. I said that COOL Radio only gave her a certain amount of tickets and that she only got enough to bring Mr. Matthews, Mrs. Matthews, Auggie, Lucas, Zay, Farkle, and me. Of course, she told me that she was very excited and happy for all of us. She also said to have a fun time and that she was going to miss me very much. (*cough**cough* Well, if you're gonna miss me, then why would you ever say that you would kick me out if I ever liked a girl, huh?*cough**cough*) As much as I hate to lie(even to her), I knew that I just couldn't tell her the truth. If I did that, she would have wondered why I didn't invite her to come to Europe with us. I knew that her feelings would be extremely hurt if she found out that I would rather have Riley's family with me than my own. But who's fault is that? Not mine!

    As I began to sit up in bed, I swung my legs over to the side. I then pushed myself off of the bed. I quickly rushed over to my nightstand to grab my phone. I then proceeded to text Riley.

    "Hey sunshine!☀️ I'm up!" I sent her.

    "Hey peaches! 🍑 Good morning! ❤️"

    "Good morning to u too! 💖"

    "I'm so excited to go to Europe!"