Chapter Eight

It had been a couple of days since Luke had shown Calum his special place, but now Luke had gone back to ignoring him.

Calum didn't understand, he thought Luke was finally opening up to him, but now they were back to square one.

They had cuddled in bed once they had climbed out the cavern and got back to Luke's room. Calum loved cuddling, he loved cuddling his best friend Ashton. But now of course he doesn't get to any-more.

He wondered how Ashton was, if he was okay. If people left him alone at school, did he have other people to hang out with?

Calum was generally a caring person, always putting others needs in front of his. He loved pleasing people to some extent.

When he woke though, he woke up to an empty bed.

Nobody came to visit Calum, he missed Louis's sassiness, Harry's humour, Niall always being hungry and Michael's obsession with Ashton.

Most of all he missed the blue eyed boy with a quiff.

Calum started to think, being left alone with no social interaction gave Calum time to think.

He thought about what Luke told him in the cavern, about how it's both their dad's faults. What did he mean by that?

Has Calum's dad done something he should know about?

Actually, Calum never knew what his dad worked as. He never thought to ask his dad what he worked as.

Calum's dad made an excuse on career day at school, saying he couldn't make it to do a presentation about his workplace.

The more thought Calum put in it to, the more he wanted answers and he wanted answers now.

What also confused him was Luke's hate for Liam, he remembered Luke shouting at Liam about a Jordan character. Who was she/he?

Why did Luke fight Liam, who started it?

What was his dad's job and why didn't he enlighten Calum on what it was?

What is this place?

One question nagged Calum's mind the most though.

Why do the Hemmings hate the Hoods?

____________________

It was a few days later when someone finally decided to give Calum some social interaction, Niall.

"Hey Cal." Niall greeted Calum as he burst through the door eating a sandwich. When is this guy not eating?

"Hi Niall." Calum mumbled on his back staring at the ceiling.

"How are you." Niall asked chewing loudly. Calum was internally cringing.

"M'fine." Calum replied still staring at the ceiling.

"I may be eating and oblivious half the time but I'm not stupid." Niall sighed sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Anyone would feel down being stuck in a dingy room for five days." He said trying to get Calum to look at him.

Calum hummed but then smiled, maybe he can get answers out of Niall.

"Niall." Calum said sitting up. Niall smiled because finally Calum got up out that bed.

"Mhm?"

"What is this place?" He asked staring Niall down.

Niall visibly gulped, no idea if he was swallowing his sandwich or nervous.