Chapter Twenty-One

Pressing his body against the wall in the shadows, Zayn made his way to the resources room was located. His best guess is that Mr Hemming's is being held hostage there, he's not so sure on the whereabouts Calum though.

Usually Kellin held his hostages there because in his exact words he said "It will be the last place they look." 

Well, well done Kellin for telling Zayn this.

He has passed multiple gang members, proving that the security here was shit and the members weren't that skilled. A great gang member would be able to sense an unknown presence, or at least spot an intruder. 

Or maybe someone has spotted him, but he was well known here. He was known as the man who betrayed his best friend for them. It might be a good thing though, as it gives him some sort of respect from them.

But it could also give him resentment. He's known for the man who betrayed his best friend so what's to say he wouldn't betray them?

The raven haired man wasn't going to complain thought, he had successfully passed them and was on his way to his goal.

SWS base was bigger than Mr Hemming's base, they had more floors because they weren't just underground but were above ground as well. That also explains why they have more members than David's and Mr Hemming's.

As Zayn reached the resources room he hovered his hand over his pocket where his pistol was. Ready for anything if someone were to attack him.

He went to open to door but the door restricted him from pushing it open, that's when he remembered it was password protected. A train of curse words flowed out his mouth as he tried to remember the code to get it.

After typing multiple different codes, none of them right, he decided to try something else. He brought out the small screwdriver he kept just in case and started to unscrew the screws on the keypad.

Making sure to keep his ears alert for any sounds of anyone approaching him from behind as he got the first screw out. He pocketed it for safe keeping as he started on the next screw, unscrewing it quickly but carefully.

Now onto the last screw as he had successfully unscrewed the rest, as he was onto the last one he heard voices. Zayn panicked a little looking around rapidly for a hiding place, as he heard the voices become clearer and obviously getting closer.

"Did you hear that Liam is back?" 

"Yeah, did you see the boy David promised him before?"

"The boy looked scared man, I know this makes me sound soft but I feel bad for 'im."

"Why would you feel sorry for him?"

"Being promised to a guy ten years older than you is just sick, I'd hate if it were me or my son."

The other man hummed opening the door to their room before both men entered and shut the door.

Zayn let out a breath he was holding as he carefully jumped down from the hanging light he was laying on. The light swayed and flickered making Zayn plead for it not to fall and crash on to the floor to make a big racket. 

Luckily the light stopped swaying and the man exhaled deeply before going back to the last screw hoping it would be worth it after all that work. 

Finally he had unscrewed the last screw and he pulled away the top of the keypad revealing the wires and circuits underneath. There was a total of three wires, red, blue and green. If the right wire were to be cut, the door would unlock for him.