Awakened.

I walked in and found Stefan sitting at the table. "Morning Stef."

"Lani you realize we have school in 5 minutes?" Oh shit why didn't anyone wake me up? I thought. There was no pointing asking Stefan, he'd just say oh it's not my fault you should get up yourself or something along those lines. I hurried up stairs grabbing my bag and black converses on the way. I decided I'd go with the dark look, it matched my hair anyway. You can't imagine what it's like having jet black hair in high school, everyone thinks you're an emo. Might as well go with it, not that I'd ever actually cut myself. It would heal before it did any damage anyway. One of the many perks of being a vampire. Beauty was another. I'm not a vain person but most vampires are unnaturally pretty and well that goes for me too. I was standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom when Damon walked in. "Damon please? A little privacy?" Damon looked amused as usual. It didn't seem to bother him that I was only in a bra and my undies.

"The all black suits you Lani." he said eyeing off my matching underwear. I suppose it seems a little weird that I haven't kicked him out yet, but when you've lived with someone as long as me and Damon have lived together it's kinda hard not to notice things. I mean sure me and Damon tried the whole dating thing but nothing really ever happened. I continued getting dressed even with Damon there. I threw on my black trackies and a black top while Damon lounged across my bed. "What do you want Damon?" I asked while he grinned his usually evil grin at me.

"What? Aren't I allowed to come and wish you a happy day at school? I mean it is your first day and all." Eergh yuck school. I didn't want to go but they wanted me to because I'm supposed to be the youngest sibling of three, even though I'm not even slightly related to the Salvatore brothers. I guess it is a little weird if Stefans younger sister doesn't going to school and he does. I had been able to weasel my way out of going to Mystic Falls High for as long as I could but people were starting to ask questions about me being around. "I don't see what Stefans whole thing on school is? I mean it's not like it's the first or even second time that I have started at a new school." That's when I heard him from down stairs. "Hurry up Lani if you want me to drive."

"Will you give me a lift?" I whispered to Damon, knowing I could finish getting dressed and still beat Stefan to school if Damon drove.

"Yeah, I suppose. As long as I get a drink before we go!" Damon had always found my blood his favourite even though I was a vampire, and I never really minded because I always got some of his after.

"Yeah quickly though and don't get any on my clothes." I quickly pulled my top over my head just to be sure he wouldn't drip any blood on it.

"What don't you trust me?" he looked slightly amused.

"Not one bit and you know it!" I smiled as he pulled me close. I felt the small sting in the side of my neck when his fangs went in but after that the sensation was amazing. It felt as if you were floating. After a while my legs started to give way and we fell backwards onto the bed. I lifted my head to look at him and showed him my fangs. I growled playfully and bit down into his neck. His blood tasted amazing. Better than most of the human stuff and 1000 times better than the animal shit Stefan always tried to get me to drink. When I was full I pulled back. I could feel a small trickle of blood slide and my chin and before I could wipe it away Damon was there and he licked it up. This lead to a kiss which lead to some more pretty amazing time spent together.

Later on I was laying on his bare chest. "So how late am I for school?" I asked, knowing Stefan was gonna be super mad.

"It's not that bad, it's barely even first break yet." He replied as if he knew what question I was going to ask.

"Well I better get ready, and so should you. You said you'd drive." I laughed when he groaned and rolled over. I went to get out of the bed but he grabbed me before I could. "You know it sucks you being faster than me!" He was only older than me by like 20 years but somehow that didn't matter.

"Aaaw poor little Lani!" I got angry and shoved him against the wall, bearing my fangs and growling. I know he could of stopped me but it's better when he just let's me do it. "Oooh scary!" he laughed. I growled again. "Feel better?" He was mocking me so I growled louder and in a flat second I was the one pinned agains the wall. He leant down and kissed me. "Now don't you need to get dressed, you are late for school remember?" He let me go and was out of the room before any normal person could blink but me, being not so normal, caught the whole exit.

"I hate you Damon!" I said not bothering to yell, I knew he'd hear me. And sure enough I could hear him laugh down stairs.

"Nah you don't Lan!"

I dressed in a blur, trackies, top, converses and I quickly threw my hair up. I'm not one of those girls who would sit in front of the mirror and play Barbie doll all morning. I am a Tom-boy and proud of it. I think that's what attracts Damon to me the most. I was done in the car within 2 minutes of Damon leaving my room. "Your getting faster Lan!" He said, sounding genuinely impressed.

"I gather you grabbed my bag?" I asked him. I couldn't find it in the house so he must of grabbed it.

"Of course." he smiled his dazling smile and turned the car on. With a screeching of the tires we flew out of the driveway and on the way to school.