Best Buddies With The Hybrid.

I was standing out the front of what I hoped was Klaus' house. I'd wrestled internally with myself whether I should or shouldn't confront him for days. I asked Damon several times but he just told me to leave it alone. But I couldn't, I had to know why he had let Damon go, he must have some alteria motive. He is not just that kind for the hell of it, was he? Should I leave? Oh what the hell, I'm here now might as well ask. I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door. One of his many hybrids answered. "What do you want?" He spat.  

"A date with you hot stuff!" I said winking, it was my best try at flirting.  

"Yeah right! I know who you are Lani!"  

"Oh we're playing the name game! Yay that's my favorite game ever!" I said jumping up and down clapping my hands. "Let me guess your name is Tyson? No Logan? Wait, I know Declan?" He laughed and shook his head. I fake pouted. "Aw really? Damn, well I have a new name for you anyway. Its dead!" And with that I shoved my hand in his chest and pulled his heart out. "Boo yeah! I win! Yoohoo Klaus are you home?" I heard someone walking down the stairs. The house was quite huge and honestly it was beautiful, not that I'd ever live there seen as Klaus had, but it was still beautiful.  

"Oh Lani, must you kill them?" Klaus said pushing the dead body aside with his foot.  

"He didn't let me win the game!"  

"Oh how very rude of him!" He replied with mock horror.  

"I know! Gentlemen these days! Would you be so kind as to invite me in?"  

"I dont think so Lani, I'm not that stupid!"  

"Very smart! Would you accompany me to The Grill at least?"  

"Well I am a little thirsty, and I am intrigued as to find out why you came here!" He looked down and picked up the dead hybrid throwing into the house, ordering someone to clean it up. He then closed the door and offered me his arm.  

"Are we walking?" I said with a groan. I had walked the whole way over here so Damon wouldn't notice I was gone. I wasn't tired, just sick of walking.  

"Well do you see a car Lani?"  

"Aargh! You'd do well to invest in one!" 

We walked into the Grill and I mentally kicked myself when I saw him sitting at the bar. Of course this is the first place he'd go! I'm such an idiot! Klaus noticed that I'd stopped walking and followed my gaze directly to Damon. Crap! "Aah so I see Damon doesn't know about your morning stroll! Shall I enlighten him?" He grinned evilly and stalked up to the bar. I followed along quietly cautious of where he might take this. "Good morning young chap!" Klaus said cheerfully. Damon groaned.  

"First Lani goes AWOL, and now you. Could my day get any better?" Klaus grinned playfully at me standing behind Damon where he couldn't see me, but if he'd had less to drink he probably could have sensed me.  

"Well I think I can help with the first problem, turn around!" Damon slowly swivelled around and I smiled my best I'm-sorry-I-couldn't-help-myself smile. He returned the smile, though I was still anxious as it didn't reach his eyes. He took me in his arms still sitting on the barstool and hugged me tight.  

"What are you doing?" He whispered into my hair and I pulled back gazing into his eyes pleading him to stop it. He seemed to understand and turned me around but didn't loosen his grip around my waist. We turned back to look at Klaus. He seemed noticeably angry obviously hoping for us to get into a fight, if only he knew what I was in for when we got home. "So what I can we do for you this now fine morning?" Damon asked resting his head on my shoulder.